• This topic has 552 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by myti.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 553 total)
  • PS5 or Xbox Series X
  • Garry_Lager

Thanks to drac and Rob for recommending that discord channel – I got a PS5 today after an amazon alert on it.

Very pleased to see Bloodborne is free on PS+ – huge Souls fan and been wanting to play this for ages. Do games stay on PS+ permanently, or do they switch them out? Would be kinda harsh if you were mid way through something and it fell out of rotation.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wait, what? My Discord channel didn’t get any alerts today?!!

chrispoffer

Any new PS5 owners want to sell their old PS4s? I’ve not had a Playstation since my PS3 expired (had Xbox since) but would really like to replay “The Last of Us” and also have a go on the new one.

I’ve had a quick look on FB Marketplace but I’d rather have one that wasn’t likely to stop working as soon as I plug it in….. EG – “fan needs cleaning” – why wouldn’t you clean it?? 🙂

Drac

Been lots of drops this week.

No problem @garry_lager enjoy they’re seriously impressive.

Do games stay on PS+ permanently, or do they switch them out? Would be kinda harsh if you were mid way through something and it fell out of rotation.

Add them to your library or download them once they’ve been added to your library there yours along as you have PS+

Also check out the PS Collection for PS5

gauss1777
    Free Member

Do games stay on PS+ permanently

As long as you have a PS+ account you can play games you have ‘purchased for free’, if you let your account lapse you can not play the game. If however you then renew your PS+ account you can play the game again.

molgrips
    Free Member

Been lots of drops this week.

I’ve only seen two or three. I’m not good at this game.

Drac

The twitted feed @PS5StockAlertUK is very reliable. Amazon, Smyths and a a couple of others dropped this week, have to be quick though.

Rich_s

Yes! Got one. Happened to be awake at 3am, looked at the discord feed, argos had stock, followed the instructions and boom!

For anyone not able to go back a page, login on the Argos app, put the console on your wishlist.

When the stock drops, move the console from your wishlist to the basket.

Then get on your pc and login to argos’ website. The console will be in your basket.
    I added insurance as well as I read somewhere it seems to help get the sale.

Here’s the key bit; it was showing out of stock for collection and delivery at my postcode and shop BUT I could still click to buy. You don’t notice that the button is green because you are staring at “Not available for delivery” messages.
    Anyway, straight through from there!

I think I’ll get 2 games to start with. Got a second controller and charger stand. Is the media remote worth it? Can’t wait to watch Band of Brothers in 4k!

We’ve got kids of 5-10. I see Sackboy was mentioned before. Any other games worth a look?

molgrips
    Free Member

Got one now too. I had to get the bundle with the second controller and the Spiderman game. I’m not sure if I’ll like it – the open world and storyline aspects look good, but the combat looks fiddly and I hate having to unlock a load of stuff.

Drac

Yay! I was night last night seen them drop, they dropped in stages through the night I could have had another.

@rich_s
    It Takes 2 is out on Friday that looks like it may be good fun.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice. Couples therapy as a video game.

Drac

Yeah! 😂

scuttler

There were some Series X drops too yesterday (Amazon and Very) but no good me telling you that now.

Series S seem to be coming thicker and faster.

Rich_s

Oh my, that does look fun! And bloody lovely too. So Sackboy for the sprogs and Couples Therapy for us. Thanks for the spiderman tip too Molgrips.

Anything else for the kids? Lots of adult titles but seemingly not much for 7+

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno, my kids of 9 and 12 play:

Minecraft
    FNAF (in VR!)
    Beat Sabre
    No Man’s Sky
    Many random cheap cutsey games from PS Store that were a few quid

Out of everything they’ve played, Minecraft is the only one that’s held interest for long; and Goat Simulator got the most laughs by far.

julians
    Free Member

are there any games out yet that are only available on ps5 or series X – ie not available on the previous consoles?

Rich_s

Ah, there’s stuff on the ps store. That’ll do!

Does initial setup take long? Was going to let them “find” it after school but if it requires extensive download I’m not sure I can be arsed. We only have 15mb download so an update will take forever.

dknwhy

I managed to get an Xbox Series X all access bundle this morning via game. Looking forward to the weekend!

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah, there’s stuff on the ps store. That’ll do!

Tons and tons of stuff. Including hits from a few years ago that are now bargain bin but just as good.

Does initial setup take long? Was going to let them “find” it after school but if it requires extensive download I’m not sure I can be arsed.

Mate, just plug it in, do the install then put it back in the box. Are you even a parent if you can’t trick your kids? 😉

scuttler

Mate, just plug it in, do the install then put it back in the box. Are you even a parent if you can’t trick your kids? 😉

I found it quite therapeutic to carefully unbox, setup and rebox to the point that it would turn on and play but then that’s essential to avoid Christmas mega-disappointment and lack of bandwidth / server capacity.

Use a computer+keyboard to create and link accounts, payment methods and subscriptions. And you may need lots of hours, a day, maybe some overnight as (at least with Xbox) some of the game downloads can be huuuge (firmware updates for console and controller less so).

Rich_s

That’s a very good point, well made. Instead of cleaning the kitchen, I’m going to tinker with electronics this afternoon 😀

Rich_s

Shit. It’s too big to fit in the ikea unit under the telly. 🙁

Cougar

It Takes 2 is out on Friday that looks like it may be good fun.

Holy hand grenades of Antioch, that looks amazing!

Also, a strong contender for 2021’s “Best Choice of Music for a Video Game Trailer” award.

Drac

Does initial setup take long?

No, upload your game saves to the PS cloud don’t use the transfer between console methods it takes ages. Download any system updates, then play Astrobot while your games install and download.

Shit. It’s too big to fit in the ikea unit under the telly.

Yeah they’re massive.

Rich_s

Ta everyone. Pre-setup nearly done. Boxed back up and stashed away. Wiped the ps3 and will get it on eBay this weekend. And Zen have just asked if I’d like to bring my FTTP install forward. Kaboom.

Drac

Enjoy! It’ll be massive jump from PS3, I love mine it’s so much quicker to jump into a game.

scuttler

SSDs in these things are ace. Xbox Series S sooooo much quicker to load / transition than One S. I’m waiting for some more third-party SSDs beyond Seagate launch device to come up with expansions.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh hang on.. I might’ve pre-ordered this thing rather than actually ordered it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah, they say they’ll ship it on either 30th or the 5th, depending on what shipping option I chose. Pfft. No idea why they’d do that – either they have it in stock or they don’t.

robbo1234biking

Is that through Game molgrips? If so the dates are usually the last dates they ship. Most peoples turn up sooner! Fingers crossed you are near the front. I think they have the stock but not the logistics to ship them all on the same day so they stagger them across a week.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

dknwhy You will love the X when it comes and Game Pass for me is unbeatable I am now thinking I should of got the S there is so much choice on Game Pass. Also apparently MS are in talks to bring ubisoft+ onboard which is another bonus.

Rich_s

Anybody wanting a ps5 they are in stock at argos now. Top tip is to add something else to the order and it will allow you to select delivery even when it shouldn’t.

twistedpencil

The above works I’m very happy to report. Arrives later today, just on time for my son’s birthday tomorrow 🙂

Drac

You can also add to wish list to get into your basket for delivery.

Rich_s

Yeah, that’s the method to get it in your basket but checking out was not working. Last time I put the warranty on. This time I read on the discord about another item and it worked perfectly.

Anyway, now we have two ps5s 😁

julians
    Free Member

managed to get a ps5 ordered this morning at 5am, took several tries but in the end got checked out and received confirmation email without having to bugger about ordering more items etc.

Should be here tomorrow, only 1 month late for the boys birthday.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I can’t believe that PS5’s are still so difficult to source.

scuttler
    chrishc777
    Free Member

That Dischord channel seems to have stopped working for UK drops. Is there another place to go for alerts? (I don’t have Twitter)

Also, if shops are now open why the hell can’t they just sell them in-store to stop the scalpers? Or maybe stop dropping at 3am when actual real humans are asleep. My suspicion is that they prefer to sell to scalpers as they will never get any warranty claims/returns off of them

julians
    Free Member

Or maybe stop dropping at 3am when actual real humans are asleep.

I’m guessing that certain shops drop at 3am to prevent all the potential playstation buyers from crashing the website during the day and therefore impacting peoples ability to buy other things and the shops ability to earn more money – not a good experience for the playstation customer though.

My ps5 from argos arrived this morning.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 553 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.