• This topic has 552 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by myti.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 553 total)
  • PS5 or Xbox Series X
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Ideally, would like something that can be played multiplayer split screen with the family.

Shoulda bought a Nintendo Switch then. Online gaming has killed the same room multiplayer experience of consoles of old.

any recommendations for top games for under 10s.

Roblox. I don’t get it at all but my 11 year old is mad for it.
    Rocket League. I totally get that.

And also something for without the kids, after they’ve gone to bed

Depends on what type of game you enjoy.

Batman Arkham Series
    Tomb Raider series
    Fallout series
    Call of Duty

or you could join STW’s ever expanding Elite: Dangerous cult.

loum
    Free Member

Cheers pp and 5lab will try those 🙂

Drac

Ideally, would like something that can be played multiplayer split screen with the family.

Sackboy.

5lab

Sackboy

not a huge seller on the xbox. Not sure why..

Drac

not a huge seller on the xbox. Not sure why..

Due to the poor sales numbers for Xbox? 😉

loum
    Free Member

Shoulda bought a Nintendo Switch then.

That was the original plan back in lockdown 1.0 but they’d sold out.
    So I put Forza on the laptop.
    Kind of needed it back to do a bit of work so the console replacement had to do Forza.

It ported across free of charge too. 🙂

robbo1234biking

So PS5 owners. Managed to get one this week.

Have got Assassins Creed Valhalla as an upgrade from the PS4 version. What other games are people playing?

Anyone tried Dirt 5?

I have a 6 year old looking for something that I can play during the day when he is around but not interested in playing – we are working our way through the Lego games.

Drac

Make sure you check the PS Collection there’s some amazing games on that are free.

Sackboy for you and your son to play.

mahalo

Where did you a score a ps5 this week if you don’t mind me asking?

robbo1234biking

Got it from Game. I think it will be a few weeks before anymore retailers drop though – they all seemed to come in the last 10 days or so. Found a discord server that used a bot to alert the general public when stock was available rather than buying them themselves. Got a ping for game and checked out straight away.

mahalo

Didn’t understand a word of that but fair play. If you get any more pings let me know!

Drac

I’m trying to get one for a friend, missed out on ASDA yesterday morning by seconds and then fell asleep just before Gsme dropped as I had been nights.

@maholo Discord is a chat room, there is one which alerts you to ps5 stock. You can also follow PS5StockUK on Twitter.

There’s is speculation Currys are holding this month’s delivery and doing a big drop in March.  Game may be doing another today

Rich_s

I was in the Game queue yesterday for an hour. Got down to 11 mins before checkout and they went out of stock 😔

Later on, there was something posted about people being able to jump into the queue using a link for an xbox, changing the item they wanted and popping out at the head of the queue.

When I realised Game was live, I most have dithered for 5 microseconds too long. It’s a sign of age. 😓

mahalo

So its still the case that whoever releases stock will sell out immediately . how come no retailer can source enough to meet demand? any retailers offering pre-orders?

Is it worth buying the digital only version? Assume disk version is preferred so you can still play PS4 titles and buy games 2nd hand… anything else to consider?

scuttler

I snagged an Xbox Series S from Very via the Telegram alerts on stockinformer.co.uk. A few days later I could’ve snagged a Series X via the same mechanism (stockinformer has a separate alert channel for S and X). The alerts don’t come as often as the Stock History table suggests but ultimately it worked out for me.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the current state of play regarding PS5s? I’m not gonna get one any time soon am I?

Is there somewhere I can sign up for stock alert emails?

Drac

I’ll compile a little guide Molgrips I got another last week for my nephew, there’s little tricks to getting them. Sony have upped production too which is helping and people aren’t buying from the scalpers.

robbo1234biking

If you are on discord look for PS5 Updates UK (Stock). The guy who runs it has created a stock bot that will alert you when there is stock. When I got mine he couldn’t ping Amazon but all the other major retailers you would get a notification about 1 min before the other accounts did. That was enough time to get on before the queues started forming if you are on the ball. Disc is easier to get than digital as well. It is free and a lot better than the paid apps etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

I tried stockinformer, there’s a discord channel.

Might try that other link too. I will be going for a disc version since we still have DVDs to play.

Also thanks Drac

Drac

Yes I used that Discord channel.

However, on Twitter follow PS5StockAlertUK and PS5UKstock3 have notifications enabled for them.

Argos are the currently easiest to get stock from, use the app add the version you want to your wishlist. Argos drop in the early hours, if you get an alert go straight to app, your wish list and add it to your basket. You might need to look around lower populated areas for one delivering.  I used Kelso I ordered at 2am and it arrived at 8am.

Good luck. It’s marginally easier than it was but still about timing and luck.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah, I went on their website but didn’t check the app – I’ll try that too. Argos handy to collect from too.

Although I might prefer PC world since I get money off via work.

Drac

Yeah the trick is using the app.

Currys is where I got 2 from but that involved 1 waiting in a huge queue, the other was by using a similar work around to Argos by using the wish list. I was lucky with the wish list at Currys I tried it by chance, soon after literally seconds Twitter exploded with other people finding it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Currys app doesn’t seem to let me add PS5 to wish list as it’s OOS.

Drac

Sorry. I used the website for Currys.

I think they may have also removed the option once people used it as a work around. Basically it allowed to on stock drop before they went live.

Rich_s

I managed to get on the waiting list for Game a couple of weeks ago. After an hour of queuing and 11 mins to go, it went out of stock. Someone had discovered a glitch meaning people could jump to the front of the queue.

Then I woke up at 4.15 one random morning and mid-pee checked argos. It was in stock! Spent a half hour seemingly chasing stock all over the northwest and ended up with nowt. You’ve either got to be lucky, or committed. And I’m neither.

I’ll keep looking for one, but I’m not busting a gut (bloody kids probably won’t end up playing it anyway).

Drac

Rich just pick any area under delivery rather than area near by.

jimdubleyou

I gave up waiting for a ps5 to be instock without having to get up in the middle of the night or some website shenanigans.

Bought a PSVR and it’s been a lot of fun 🙂

Will pick up a PS5 in the summer when everybody is trying to buy a bike 🙂

Drac

@molgrips

We’ve discovered a trick to add the PS5 from your wish-list to your basket on the Argos mobile app to be prepared for their near-future drop. Only Android users can move their PS5 from wish-list to basket, so we’ve discovered a trick for our iPhone users which is explained below:

Download ‘BlueStacks’ onto your PC/Mac. This desktop app acts as an Android device and lets you access the Google Play Store. Once you’re logged into Argos, simply go to basket, and it’ll let you add your wish-list items to basket. Then log back in on your iPhone and magic

Might be helpful

Drac

Also

You can now register your interested for a PS5 at Currys. You’re given a PS5 Priority Pass to hopefully secure one.

Could be useful… could also just be another way of signing you up to their mailing list. Either way, probably worth doing.

engage.currys.co.uk/quiz/881628_23…

Good luck folks

johndoh
    Free Member

Bought a PSVR and it’s been a lot of fun

What are you playing? I have Squadrons and AstroBot. I want Beat Sabre but the bloody Move controllers are as hard to get hold of as the PS5 FFS

Drac

I may still have some move controllers I don’t really use anymore. I’ll try and take a look at the weekend.

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks Drac – signed up.

By the way, PSVR + move controllers + No Mans’s Sky + mates is the funniest thing I have ever seen in video games and close to the funniest thing full stop, now that they have animated your avatar’s arms rather than just ghostly hands.

JasonDS

Purchased a Oculus Quest 2 – WOW! Much fun and has reduced my Xbox time.

jimdubleyou

What are you playing?

Grand Tourismo, in VR or just with the big cinema screen.
    Bought the mega pack, so have Astro Bot and Moss, both quite cool. Didn’t get on with Blood and Truth or the VR golf.
    It’s set up in my desk, so not so worried about move controllers.
    Also got Squadrons 🙂

5lab

gran turismo was a bit disappointing for me – the psvr is nice, but you can’t really race it (1 other car max) – I get that the ps4 is lacking in grunt but the pro and the 5 have plenty of power for running the full races in vr, but nothing there.

I hooked up my vr (I’ve got the aim and move controllers) to my ps5 but haven’t played it once (so I don’t actually know if it works!) – pretty much the only game I’ve played in the last month is thps – I’m now trying to ration that till the ps5 upgrades are out so I can actually justify having bought the thing in the first place 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

On PSVR I am playing (or have played) NMS, Farpoint (with the gun), Wipeout, and some stuff I’ve forgotten. The best thing in Farpoint is watching the holo cut scenes being acted out – because you can look at either character or the scenery or whatever, not just where the camera wants you to look. Very immersive.

mahalo

Will the PSVR work with the PS5?

Drac

Yes it does but you need an adapter, which can be ordered free from Sony.

GeForceJunky

If you have a PS5, it’s probably better to wait for the PSVR2, which is in the works.

mahalo

i dont have either! just didnt wanna buy a PSVR then it not work with a PS5 when i eventually get hold of one… but ill probably wait for the v2 now.

which game is the one you see in them youtube vids where people are walking the plank at the top of a sckyscraper and someone pushes them over!? 😀

tbh PSVR is not something ive ever looked into, assumed it was a bit gimmiky – would a PSVR headset negate the need for a TV if i got one for the PS4? so i could sit outside playing COD for example?

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 553 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.