• This topic has 552 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by myti.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 553 total)
  • PS5 or Xbox Series X
  • Cougar

If this is the start of next-gen, we’re in for an interesting ride.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

That NBA game looks amazing.

Now to try and find a PS5…

Drac

Yup it’s a huge jump this time.

Good luck finding one Chuck most places are doing no more pre-orders it’ll probably be down to standing in a queue at midnight now.

julians
    Free Member

That NBA video above looks amazing – seems like a much bigger jump from this gen to the next gen compared to when we went from ps3/xbox 360 to ps4/xbox one.

Last time I looked I could only find PS5 gameplay footage, there was very little from the xbox series x aside from some rather uninspiring looking footage of the next halo.

Has anyone release any xbox series x gameplay video yet?

FuzzyWuzzy

I think it’s telling though that PS5 AAA titles are generally announcing different modes (typically 1440p @ 60 fps and 4k @ 30 fps), I was wondering how it would manage 4k @ 60 fps when you need a decent spec. PC for that.

It’s still impressive for the cost but the headline specs. are a tad misleading IMO. I’m also wondering what external storage support they’ll announce as the local storage, whilst very fast, just isn’t enough.

Drac

List of games and they’re modes here.

Remastered games are the ones struggling to get 4k at 60fps which is not surprising as they’re not being built from fresh just polished up.

https://www.psu.com/news/guide-ps5-enhanced-games-list-every-ps4-ps5-game-with-enhanced-graphics-modes/

Cougar

I’m also wondering what external storage support they’ll announce as the local storage, whilst very fast, just isn’t enough.

This is my concern. I’ve filled a 1TB Xbox One drive. Some of the bigger installs are tenfold what you’d ever have seen on the 360. How much space is those glossy 4k assets going to take up?

Drac

Breakdown of the PS5 there’s some nifty tech in their it’s a bit if a beast.

FuzzyWuzzy

That’s a decent sized heat sink at least!

Drac

It’s a good chunk I wonder effective the liquid metal is too.

Some testers claim it’s very quiet and keeps cool.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I’m going in to Game today to pay the remaining amount for my PS5 that I preordered.
    I have no real need for this, as my PS4 does all I need it to do. But, I’m actually quite excited. If it wasn’t for already having bought into PlayStation, I still don’t know which of the two consoles I’d plump for.

Anyone getting the Xbox Series X next week?

Anyone else all set for getting the PS5 on the 19th?

Am I the only one a wee bit too excited? 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

Anyone else all set for getting the PS5 on the 19th?

Hopefully – assuming Argos doesn’t cancel my pre-order (there’s been some reports of orders being cancelled, possibly by staff trying to get hold of one, as they go back into stock, but hopefully that’s just Internet bullshit).

I went slightly OTT (as no game is going to have a 4k @ 120fps mode any time soon) and also bought a new TV with HDMI 2.1, it’s arriving in a couple of hours 🙂

gauss1777
    Free Member

I went slightly OTT (as no game is going to have a 4k @ 120fps mode any time soon) and also bought a new TV with HDMI 2.1, it’s arriving in a couple of hours 🙂

Nice!
    I have been looking around a lot for the same, but cannot find anything that isn’t a tad too expensive. I’d be interested in your experience with PS5 and new Tv once you’ve given it a good testing.

5lab

I’m going in to Game today

won’t it be shut (maybe not if you’re in scotland..)?

what games are people getting? I bought rainbow 6 siege for ps4 (as it comes with a free ps5 upgrade and was a fiver..) – will probably get cod, but not sure on the rest..

I bought a new amp (yamaha 685) to enable 4k UHD passthrough, the newer one does 120hz but my oled tv doesn’t, and I wanted dual HDMI out for a (future) projector.

gauss1777
    Free Member

won’t it be shut (maybe not if you’re in scotland..)?

Scotland, and I’m not entirely sure. I have a huge worry that I won’t be able to collect it on the 19th due to it being closed then! 😩

gauss1777
    Free Member

Paid. And I’ve been reassured by the shop, that even with stricter ‘lockdown’ measures I’ll still be able to go and collect it 😀😀😀. Two weeks today and counting.

v7fmp

I have a series S on order for my daughter for Christmas, which Game informed me is getting ready to send.

I want a series X for myself, but missed the boat first time around, so hoping to get one when more stock comes available. Unless anyone knows of any available (from a retailer, not ebay at twice the price)

Cougar

I bought a new amp (yamaha 685) to enable 4k UHD passthrough

This is one of my current barriers to entry. I have an RV-V467 and it’s “only” HDMI 1.4, I’d have to go back to separating out audio and video with TOSlink like it’s 20 years ago or fanny about with ARC or something.

Pickings seem to be thin for replacements. There’s only two on Richer and they’re too richer for me just now. Where’d you get the 685 from, is it not EOL?

5lab

it is eol but it suited my needs better than the new one due to the dual hdmi out. Got it from peter tysons refurb store on ebay – £300 (after one of their 15% discounts) which I thought was reasonable – got £120 for the old 667, and as they look bloody identical, I didn’t have to tell my wife 😀

there were a load of 585s around at reasonable prices, or go for the sony 1080 jobby thats well reviewed?

Cougar

Cool, cheers. Good to know.

go for the sony 1080 jobby thats well reviewed?

Nah, go Yamaha or go home. (-:

gauss1777
    Free Member

I have a series S on order for my daughter for Christmas, which Game informed me is getting ready to send.

In the store I was in they have the new Xboxes and any additional purchases, bagged and numbered ready for collection on the 10th. It’s like Christmas come early 😀

loum
    Free Member

Xbox day today.
    Anyone got one going yet?

Had our Microsoft parcel turn up at about 11.
    Will let the kids open it after school cos, technically, it’s an early Christmas
    /lockdown present for them.
    I’m quite excited.

Drac

Currys finally got in touch to take my final payment last week, looking forward to the speeds and haptic feedback.

v7fmp

Series S has been delivered (for crimbo for my daughter), currently on the hunt for a series X for myself!

JasonDS

Series X delivered earlier, let the upgrades commence!

Cougar

Had our Microsoft parcel turn up at about 11.
    Will let the kids open it after school

If it’s anything like previous gens, you want to plug it in now if you want it useable by the time the kids are home from school.

allanoleary
    Free Member

I’m gonna be all old farty and wait til after Xmas to buy a cheap Xbox One. Don’t have a TV good enough to warrant the new gen consoles. If any of you early adopters want rid of their old console let me know 😉

Poopscoop

Sorry to just jump into the thread as I’ve not read it all I’ll admit.

Mr lad is looking at buying the Xbox with the bluray or whatever installed, he didn’t preorder. What’s his best chance of getting one over the next few weeks?

I haven’t a Scooby? Which stores can you turn up at and queue at midnight etc?

Thanks guys.

Drac

What’s his best chance of getting one over the next few weeks?

Slim.

I haven’t a Scooby? Which stores can you turn up at and queue at midnight etc?

None in England click and collect only.
    <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>
    Sony have asked retailers worldwide not to put the Ps5 on the shelves.</span>

Poopscoop

Thanks Drac, is that the same with the new Xbox?

gauss1777
    Free Member

Argos this morning had the series x but they’re all gone now. John Lewis had the series S last time I looked (sadly not what you want Poopscoop). No doubt both the Xbox series X and the PS5 are going to be great, from what I’ve seen so far the Xbox seems to have a slight edge.

I’m keen to hear how people get on with their Xboxes over the next few days – anything to ease the wait until the 19th!

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

Argos, John Lewis and Asda all shat themselves today when there was stock – the UK basically DDoS’d them. I got as far as payment on Asda for the xbox series x before it crashed just as I got the message on my phones banking app to confirm the payment. John Lewis wouldn’t even add anything to the basket at 08:00:30

Drac

Thanks Drac, is that the same with the new Xbox?

Not sure.

Poopscoop

Thanks Drac, guys. I’ll relay on the info, appreciated!

5lab

Depending on how much he wants one, just pat the premium on ebay?

olddog

Got my series X delivered this afternoon. So far so good – really easy to set up. Recognised 4k TV and set itself up appropriately

Atmos sound I needed to set myself – but is ace through home cinema.

What I’ve played so far is very much quicker to load etc and looks better than on my standard Xbox one.

Day off work tomorrow for some heavy gaming with some of the bigger games downloading overnight – see how they look and play tomorrow

Poopscoop

5lab
    Free Member
    Depending on how much he wants one, just pat the premium on ebay?

Questionable warranty though?

Edit: just looked at what they are going for on eBay. Mad stuff. I’m sure he can wait.😁

smokey_jo

Any of you early adopters selling a ps4?

sadexpunk

I got as far as payment on Asda for the xbox series x before it crashed just as I got the message on my phones banking app to confirm the payment. John Lewis wouldn’t even add anything to the basket at 08:00:30

we got the same, trying to order one for our lad. payment page on asda then they removed it!
    interested if anyone has any tips on how to get one now, or will he have to wait weeks?

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d set up an alert somewhere like https://stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x that said you’d still need to be very quick as there’s probably loads of people with alerting set-up. Whether MS are planning another big shipment of XBoxes to the UK before Christmas though I don’t know – right now might be your best hope if some pre-order payments didn’t go through and they’re returned to stock.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 553 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.