• This topic has 552 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by myti.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 553 total)
  • PS5 or Xbox Series X
  • v7fmp

i always get excited when i see a new post on this thread… opening it hoping someone knows of Xbox Series X in stock…. but alas, nope… more PS5 offers and availability 🙁

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at stacking an extra 12 months PS+ when I come across this at ShopTo.

12 months PS+ £32.85

scuttler

Xbox X Stockinformer telegram channel just lit up with Very drops and I could’ve picked one up pre-order for 25 June (no longer chasing one as settled on Series S), so it’s not so difficult.

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x

Drac

PS5 at very too.

I got one into the basket for a friend but it was with a game so cancelled it.

julians
    Free Member

Looks like exertis have xbox series x in stock on the all acess scheme.

https://4gadgets.xboxallaccess.co.uk/product/xbox-series-x/

duckman

Yes! Got one in Very. I would rather give the price of a game over than spend money with scalpers. £629 with another £4 for post, cheeky sods!

Drac

You jump the Very queue here https://www.very.co.uk/e/q/ps5-console.end

Then go to Xbox if you’re after one.

ta11pau1

Seriously impressive, the first game to really use the PS5 SSD and power, it’s basically a playable cgi movie.

Cougar

Well, that’s shiny.

Drac

Been getting very good reviews too. But yes looks absolutely stunning.

spacemonkey

Hmm, I’m now hankering after a Series S. Currently have a PS4 Pro and quite a few games (but not the time to play them) and can’t justify upgrading to the 5. Likewise, £500 on a Series X seems OTT too. Maybe a Series S is the sweetspot for spending a bit of time on the other side of the console fence.

Many people here doing a mix n match of PS4 and Series S?

scuttler

Series S + Game Pass** is great but relatively small capacity, so you’ll likely be chopping games around. It’s small capacity cos it’s SSD which means it starts and games load really quick. You can use ‘cheaper’ storage to expand but there are restrictions. I expect in another 12-18 months there’ll be additional third-party storage options (Seagate monopoly right now).

** Look for well-documented ways of getting Game Pass dirt chip using the £1 upgrade from Xbox Live.

spacemonkey

Series S + Game Pass** is great but relatively small capacity, so you’ll likely be chopping games around. It’s small capacity cos it’s SSD which means it starts and games load really quick. You can use ‘cheaper’ storage to expand but there are restrictions. I expect in another 12-18 months there’ll be additional third-party storage options (Seagate monopoly right now).

Yeah, I think it’s Game Pass that’s kind of persuading me. Not worried about 512Gb storage as I’ll get an external drive and swap games around. All in all it seems the most sensible way to mess around with a few Xbox-only games that I’ll probably not play much anyway.

Drac

Smyth’s dropped PS5 bundles this am. Sometimes they do them in batches so might be another. |

Oh! I managed to get another one. 🙈

v7fmp

just bagged a Series X from Curry’s.

good times!!!

Drac

Argos are stocking stores over the weekend with PS5 as bundles with Rather and Clank. Sounds like they might appear next week.

Rich_s

Thursday for argos apparently. Still tempted by Ratshit and Clonk but can’t get the boys excited by it.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I really fancy the new Ratchet & Clank game but it’s £69.99 for the standard version. A wee bit spendy.

Cougar

Can you buy it for the Xbox One and get a free upgrade?

Or, is it not on Game Pass?

julians
    Free Member

Can you buy it for the Xbox One and get a free upgrade?

Or, is it not on Game Pass?

It’s a Ps5 exclusive.

Cougar

Eh, no it’s not, it might be on initial release but it was in the E3 Xbox showcase.

… Or was it? am I getting confused with the videos here?

Cougar

Speaking of which,

This is worth a watch. You can fast-forward through about a third of it.

julians
    Free Member

Eh, no it’s not, it might be on initial release but it was in the E3 Xbox showcase.

… Or was it? am I getting confused with the videos here?

Were talking about ratchet and klank here, aren’t we?

If yes, then yes it’s Ps5 only

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamerevolution.com/guides/683453-ratchet-and-clank-rift-apart-xbox-series-x-s-one-nintendo-switch-lite-pro%3famp

Drac

I really fancy the new Ratchet & Clank game but it’s £69.99 for the standard version. A wee bit spendy.

£54.99 at Currys

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-ratchet-clank-rift-apart-ps5-ps5499-delviered-using-code-at-currys-3745075

And yes PS5 only.

Argos now dropping earlier hours tomorrow.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

@Drac – Thanks, that would have been great but I’m digital only.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ll reserve final judgement until I can watch it at home on the 4K TV, but I’m pretty underwhelmed by that video on my 1080 monitor, the graphics don’t look any better, just ‘clearer’.

I don’t know, I still want a Series X, I’m sure I’d be happy with a Series S, but I’ve got too many games on physical media I don’t want to let go, and certainly not buy again!

I’m sure the Series X update for RDR2 will drag me in (if I can buy one) that game looks so nice on my old One S, I’m sure it will be stunning on a Series X. I’m happy just trotting around the swamps at night soaking it in, and I don’t even smoke weed anymore!

duckman

Anybody know how long very take to deliver? PS5 is meant to arrive on the 25th but I have had the dispatch email today. It coming before the 23rd would be really handy.

Drac

Thanks, that would have been great but I’m digital only.

@chuckmorris
    Use ShopTo to buy wallet to ups. Just over £60 will get you 2 x £35 top ups. Or find a friend or family member to share your account with. Then split the cost games.

@duckman
    the one I got from Very was pretty quick but that was before Xmas

tlr

Cheers for all the info, I’ve been looking to get a PS5 to replace my PS3 since before Christmas, but never seen one in stock. Sounds like Argos on Thursday is the next chance.

tlr

@Rich_s, Sheffield.

Rich_s

Hmmm, I know the North West stock drop at Argos was 2.30-2.45 ish. Dunno about Yorkshire, sorry. Hope you’re on the discord and have strong coffee! :o)

Drac

Bought! Oh well.

I’m playing it now. It’s stunning and great fun.

northernmatt

Even though on the console page they were showing zero stock the Smyths website has just allowed me to order a Series X on All Access.

I guess I’ll find out soon if it’s a glitch or not.

northernmatt

It’s confirmed. Turns out they have stock for All Access but none for deliver/collect.

racingsnail
    Free Member

Managed to order a PS5 from Game this morning after a 45min queue (Ratchet and clank bundle) but they’re not being sent out till the 28th so still have to wait, off work next week as well.

Apparently,
    Argos is selling tonight after 1am.
    Amazon has a load of stock in but I’d guess there waiting for prime day.

Drac

Yeah looks like the Argos has been delayed until early hours tomorrow now.

I’ve ended up with a spare as a friend changed their mind. So far unbelievably I’ve not had a buyer. 😂

twistedpencil

Argos drops are the best, score one at 3 in the morning and it turns up at lunchtime.  That was a long long night but worth it for the reaction from my son the following day on his birthday 🙂

Having said that I got one from game two weeks later in about 30seconds…

Drac

Argos is one of the easiest. One I got was from ordered around 3am it arrived at 8am.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 553 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.