Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • PS4 v XBOne
  • molgrips
    Free Member

What if you couldn’t sell games second hand, but they were only £15 each?

anonymouse
    Free Member

Fat chance. Next gen prices will be up, not down.

Toasty

PS4 for me, by a long shot. Even now, much prefer the interface on the PS3, my networked media appears under the Videos tab, rather than having to find some convoluted player app before I can see it (Videos tab -> Video Player Apps -> System Video Player -> My Network Drive *phew*).

Turn the PS3 on, it’s near silent, the Xbox 360 is like a vaccuum cleaner.

Cancelled Xbox Live after I realised it wasn’t actually giving me anything. Subscribed to Playstation Plus and have downloaded tons of games. The fact that I couldn’t even use Netflix without Xbox Live Gold was insanity, zero cost to them but they want a cut of the profits.

Then you get the $100 extra charge for the XBone for a camera I’d honestly rather not have. The advertising is all focused around how you can change channels on your TV in seconds, it completely baffles me, what planet have they been living on?

Lending a friend a game was the icing on the cake for me. Friends list for 30 days etc is fine, that’s exactly how I use it now.

Xbox fanboy for years, we own stacks of Xbox games and bugger all PS3 ones. Seriously hope the tables turn this time. Sony just need to learn about social media, friends lists, achievements etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steveoath
    Free Member

Fat chance. Next gen prices will be up, not down.

True dat

Xbox one game prices atm

PS4 game prices atm

Cougar

we could easily check if we had a pre-owned copy that we could offer to them instead. The customer got £5 knocked off retail price

Doesn’t surprise me. The mark-up must be way higher than for new titles. I’ve been in Game plenty of times looking for something and their “pre-owned” price is higher than the new price in other stores (and it wasn’t uncommon to see used games costing more than Game’s own price for a new copy).

As a random example; I bought Tomb Raider the other day. It’s £25 new in Tesco, but I got it from an Amazon reseller for £22. Game’s price for a second-hand copy was something like £32. Dream on. I wonder how much the seller got back for it? Ten quid?

The used market as it stands is a mess. Retailers offer people 50p for used games, customers go “oh well, if that’s what it’s worth, I suppose it’s better than nothing…” – I can’t see how that’s sustainable.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Both console controllers – £90 😯

Won’t be much multiplayer going on if I get one!

Cougar

Yeah, I think I’ve decided what my next-gen console is going to be.

It’ll be my Xbox 360.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘PS4 v XBOne’ is closed to new replies.