• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PS4 Pro LAN issue
  • cb

Hi, just treated myself to a new Pro as Game were doing silly trade in offers.

Trying to connect up and everything fine until I try and connect to Internet. Just will not recognise the LAN cable!!! The old PS4 was fine this morning, same cables everything and the damn thing won’t work.

ANy ideas?

I’ve tried another cable and using another port on the wall – no cigar!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Odd.

I just plugged mine in and away it went.

Go to settings and test internet settings.

Update by WiFi?

Cat5/6/7 wires work ok with mine.

Does the cable and connection work with ok with other Ethernet equipment? Old pc etc?

Drac

You do have it set to connect via LAN and not Wi-fi?

cb

Drac – Where is the ‘connect via Lan’ option? Obvioulsy I set up (or try to) within Network, then chose LAN, but is there another setting that I’m missing?

F’stein – the same setup worked perfectly well last night with the PS4 than I px’d.

Drac

No, that’s the setting just trying to eliminate the obvious.

Is it a new Pro or reconditioned one?

cb

New AFAIK – sold as such. Found a helpline number and will bell them in the morning. Then take it back…

And I never got t oplay COD today! Downloading 58GB on a patchy wifi was never gonna happen.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

What Drac means:

On the PS4 home menu, select Settings.
    Select Network.
    Choose Set Up Internet Connection.
    Select Use LAN Cable.

cb

yep – chose LAN option – not happening. Sodding annoying

captmorgan
    Free Member

Try
    Rebooting the router
    Different cable
    Different port on the router

cb

Seemed to have identified the issue, looks like two ports on the 8 port switch are borked. I’m extremely dubious that this could happen in isolation and affect the 2 lounge sockets only. Unless the switch operates as 4 pairs? I.e one breaks, they both fail? New switch on way but seems the PS4 is fine.

Now half way through the 8 hour download for COD…I have a pretty slow connection!

fossy

That is a slow connection. Blimey.

Hence the ‘always set up your PS4/Xbox and games before Xmas day’ ! Learnt that when my daughter got a PS4.

Drac

Good to hear you’re sorted

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PS4 Pro LAN issue’ is closed to new replies.