Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • PS4 Console buy or wait??
  • donkeydave

Hi i am looking at getting one of these as a present (joint may i add lol), would it be best to get it now or wait and hopefully get some good offers around black Friday/run up to Christmas?.
    Also for those that have them and have upgraded from a ps3 your opinions please.

tomhoward

I’ve got one after having a ps3 since forever it seems. I’d wait tbh, the games still don’t have that ‘next gen’ feel like they did when going from ps2 to PS3. Depends what comes out in the next 6weeks games wise I guess.

samuri
    Free Member

Hi. A lot of what I have to say now will probably get moderated. This may help you understand my feelings on the subject.

Here goes.

PS4’S ARE A **** LOAD OF SHITTING BASTARD **** **** WHO NEED A GOOD MASSIVE **** SPADE SHOVING UP THEIR FRICKING RING PIECE BY A **** CHUFWOMBLE WITH A HAND TO EYE COORDINATION ISSUES.

To be more specific. All the games are shit, Sony make a shitload of promises about games they’ll let you demo for free which never turn up. Sony also release games and then tell you the servers are crap and you never hear from them again.

So overall, DO NOT BUY A PS4. EVER. GET AN XBOX ONE. I WISH I HAD INSTEAD OF GETTING THIS PIECE OF CRAP.

ashweee
    Free Member

Hi,

I think my ps4 is great, had it from day one and I’ve played it loads, there aren’t a ton of games but there’s more than enough to chose from if you’re jumping in now. Ps+ is a good deal especially if you’ve already got a PS3 or vita. Remote play on vita is awesome too. Share play works really well so far too.

The headset that comes with the console isn’t great so if you want to talk to people online it’s worth upgrading to something nicer and if you want to up the internal hd that’s a really simple process ( I did that before I even turned the console on)

Hope that helps.

Drac

Had one for several months now it’s a great machine yes there’s been issues with games but there’s been the same issues with Xbox One too, the PS is the better machine.

Loads of deals out there at the moment Game do the best bundle packs that’s where I’ve got my eldest’s from, came with Call of Duty Adv Warfare, The Last of Us, Destiny and 12 months PS+ for £399.

winrya
    Free Member

I think both the next gen consoles have enough games to justify a purchase now. I purchased a ps4 at launch and quickly realised there was no justification to own it over a ps3 and sold it to cex whilst they were paying good money for them.

I picked up a ps4 again with destiny a couple of months back and there are now some great games (destiny not one of them) However, when drive club failed to live up to the hype I picked up a xbox one and forza horizon 2. This is simply the best racing game I’ve ever played and I’ve grown quite attached the the xbox one.

All my mates have ps4’s so I own one for multiplayer games but for single player games I’m more drawn towards the xbox one. Forza and Halo are both exceptional and that initial gap between 3rd party games has closed to pretty much nothing now. Infact cod and assassins creed apparently look better on the xbox one than the ps4.

With DNLA streaming and the ability to play any type of video files it’s also a much better all round media box. Also my ps4 sounds like a plane taking off (which annoys the crap out of me) it is so loud and the xbox runs completely silently.

pigyn
    Free Member

I am just going to buy one at less than trade from a german website.

hammyuk
    Free Member

aphex_2k
    Free Member

If it helps…

Microsoft are changing the CPU in the One to a cheaper but equally powered equivalent so the One is about to come down in price (I suspect AFTER Christmas) so if you’re leaning towards one, perhaps wait until after the holiday period?

The One is technically inferior and has a terrible GPU. The PS4 is a better machine but let down by a poor range of games. In 12 months of so it’d be a no brainer – more games and probs a tad cheaper. I’m holding off and keeping my PS3 as games are dirt cheap now (although Battlefield 4 appears to be unfinished, poorly written bit of gash that crashes constantly)….

PS4 in 12 months, my pence worth….

iain1775
    Free Member

Save the money, put it towards a new bike
    Get out more (or end up angry like Samuri)

waihiboy
    Free Member

With DNLA streaming and the ability to play any type of video files it’s also a much better all round media box.

has an update fixed this then, a mate who got one at launch was going mad as he couldnt watch ‘COUGH’ films he copied onto a usb stick and they wouldnt play like they did on the ps3?

tomhoward

Hey samuri, how ya doing there buddy? Need a hug? I think you need a hug.

*hugs samuri*

There, that better? Wanna go get some ice cream, champ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Took me a while…but it’s under the fallen tree. What do I win?

Hopefully, it’s the ability to share the realisation that it’s ok for people to have more than one pastime. Even if one of those pastime is indoors.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

You win a SNES

crapjumper
    Free Member

Pigyn give us a clue ? Please

Drac

A guy made a joke about going outside on the Internet today. Ironary meters worldwide exploded

winrya
    Free Member

has an update fixed this then, a mate who got one at launch was going mad as he couldnt watch ‘COUGH’ films he copied onto a usb stick and they wouldnt play like they did on the ps3?

Yea the October update added these features. Xbox gets a monthly update which seems to add a large amount of features each time. Sony have added music play off USB finally but say they are unlikely to add any movie dnla support

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Had one for several months now it’s a great machine yes there’s been issues with games but there’s been the same issues with Xbox One too, the PS is the better machine.

You’d think that wouldn’t you, but the latest Assassins creed screens I’ve seen definitely look better on the Xbox.

AdamW
    Free Member

I have had a PS4 since March and it is a good machine. The games are OK – inFamous Second Son is good and I’m completely hooked on Destiny and *may* give Watch_Dogs a third or fourth chance afterwards though wasn’t too impressed with its constant car type stuff with rubbish handling.

But I wouldn’t get an XBone as I don’t want it to try and control my access to telly and the like and is a *slightly* less powerful machine. And it is Microsoft and I despise them with a passion (though, to be fair I see things slowly changing there, mainly because they’re not a complete monopoly any more).

BobaFatt
    Free Member

You’d think that wouldn’t you, but the latest Assassins creed screens I’ve seen definitely look better on the Xbox.

Unfortunately, a little “buggy” at the moment

Drac

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Still, its heavily cpu dependant and the xbox has the ps4 trounced in that regard. Supposedly the ddr5 ram didnt make up for the fact that its got less either.

AdamW
    Free Member

Hi Tom, where did you get that from? XBone hasn’t got the PS4 trounced AFAIK. There’s an edge for the PS4 if anything due to its memory handling.

Willing to be proven wrong.

Do you have quotes or are you making it up? 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Assasins Creed developers have been complaining about the lower clocked CPU and the amount of ram that the PS4 has available for the CPU.

Will see if I can find the article but there’s always google.

From what I’ve gathered – CPU limited games = Win for Xbox / GPU limited games = win for PS4

Someone will probably correct me though.

iain1775
    Free Member

While your ‘iron meter’ was exploding drac, I was striking a balance, browsing and commenting (the irony of the comment was not lost amongst the ferrous metals) in the morning whilst waiting for my daughter to set up whichever board game she wanted to play next as we waited for mum to finish work, then outside as a family in the afternoon
    This evening I finally got round to updating my PS3 so I can use it again (assuming it doesn’t need yet another update by the time I switch it on next), whilst at the same time fixing a puncture so I can go out tomorrow evening
    It seems whilst I did all that the predictable ‘my one is better than yours’ techy geek argument continued unabated

As for the OP, they will inevitably get cheaper after Christmas, so probably best wait

Drac

in the morning whilst waiting for my daughter to set up whichever board game she wanted to play next as we waited for mum to finish work, then outside as a family in the afternoon

Cougar

From what I’ve gathered – CPU limited games = Win for Xbox / GPU limited games = win for PS4

For what I’ve gathered, it makes little practical difference. We had the same willy-waving mass debates around the PS3 and X360; the PS3 was nominally faster, but it very rarely made any difference whatsoever.

Jamie
    Free Member

I would play a game with characters like that in, reminds me a bit of Grim Fandango/Psychonauts.

Drac

I find them hilarious too Jamie and yup very Grim Fandango.

Exactly Cougar, there’s no real difference between them the answer is the same as the last ten, get what your mates have or Playstaion.

samuri
    Free Member

“PlayStation ?@PlayStation 1h1 hour ago
    Good news! Today’s scheduled network maintenance ended earlier than expected. Enjoy!”

COCK

OFF

Jamie
    Free Member

Well I never. All the times I have thought the people kicking off on Xbox Live and PSN, swearing and using all caps, were 12 year old boys tanked up on Red Bull and Mars bars..

Turns out it was Samuri.

samuri
    Free Member

I am a 12 year old boy tanked up on Red Bull and Mars Bars. I’m just big for my age.

Anyway, PSA. Amazon are now offering an XBOX One with GTA V AND Forza 5 for £329. Spread the word so everyone buys one and not a PS4 so Sony go bust.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m waiting, partly because I’m old enough to remember both the original PS2 and PS3 releases (frankly my first games machine was a Commodore C64) and partly because they only *really* eclipse their forbearers a year or more into production and they’re bound to drop in price after Christmas.

Until I saw GTA V on PS4 I wasn’t remotely bothered.

I’m hoping to get a PS4 GTAV bundle for £300 or less next year.

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyway, PSA. Amazon are now offering an XBOX One with GTA V AND Forza 5 for £329.

Seems like a good deal, anything similar for PS4?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

im no expert but when my 360 packed up i went for the PS4, a. for a change after years with microsoft and b. they were miles cheaper than xbox one’s! infact i got hold of a hardly used one off ebay for not a right lot.

as others allude to, i was not blown away at first. and becasue ive been using it a little while the newer games might be looking better and better but they are not having a big impact graphically? although i have sat back aghast a few times playing the new COD! looking forward to see what they do with GTAV… im only a casual mainstream gamer so i dont analyze too deeply.

long and short; if your in the market for one anyway, id get one now. prices will only go up as xmas approaches?

samuri
    Free Member

Get a PS4, with two games you could get on the PS3!

samuri
    Free Member

Actually I’ve just watched a trailer for the new Farcry. Looks amazing.

BUT IT WILL BREAK!

Jamie
    Free Member

Moot/mute/moote point, as I always wait a year or 2 to buy next gen. All about the game library, and there is no where near enough games out yet.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

depends how fast you rattle through games? i only play a couple nights a week but with all the DLC games offer these days one title can last months!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘PS4 Console buy or wait??’ is closed to new replies.