• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ps3 question,cannot download a game,even though i have the space on hdd?
  • racefaceec90

i have the 120gb version (and in system settings/system information it says i have 36gb of free space.

am trying to re-download a game that’s 18.5gb sly cooper-thieves in time but the ps3 keeps saying that there is not enough free space on the storage system 😕

any ideas as to why it keeps saying that?

ta 🙂

bearnecessities

I believe (although maybe someone can confirm) that when you are downloading a game of ‘a’ size, you actually need spare storage of ‘a’ x 2 to download. When download is finished, the space taken is reduced back to the originally specified ‘a’.

Shouldn’t have got such a puny HD 😀

racefaceec90

ah thanks bearnecessities 😀

am going to buy an external hdd i think at some point (1tb or so).that should sort out the issue.

p.s have been using the ps3 daily since some kind soul gave it away 😉

Drac

Why external? It’s extremely easy to fit a new internal one.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t think the PS3 will work with an external drive.

As above it’s pretty easy to switch HDD, pretty much any 2.5″ drive will work – in fact it’s not really worth buying a fancy one, the PS3 hardware is out of the ark in IT terms and doesn’t support the fancy / new standards.

Saccades
    Free Member

Only problem with swapping the HDD (which is an easy task, but remember the screws holding the cage are made of cheese) is that you’ll either have to back up his current HD to transfer over (which will take an age with that much data) or lose everything except your trophies.

Drac

lose everything except your trophies.

You can back up saved game Data and such to a memory stick or upload them if you have PS+.

Saccades
    Free Member

I did say you can backup – just that it will take an age with that much data.

P-Jay
    Free Member

If you’ve got a USB 3.0 caddy it’s not the end of the world. Did mine in s few mins – it was only a 40GB drive though.

Drac

I did say you can backup – just that it will take an age with that much data.

Not if you only do the essentials or what P-Jay says for the full lot.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ps3 question,cannot download a game,even though i have the space on hdd?’ is closed to new replies.