Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PS3 buying advice…..
  • DT78
    Free Member

Ok, as you might have spotted from my other thread I've broken my collar bone…. the missus (!!!) has just suggested buying a PS3 for when my hand is a little better.

What size should I go for?? Any reason to have a massive hard drive on it?

What places have the best highstreet deals? I was thinking tescos for the points.

Ta

johnners
    Free Member

It's more cost effective to buy an entry level one and whack in a bigger HDD yourself if you need it.

organic355
    Free Member

I would agree with johnners, but my 60GB is now full and ive had to go through and delete loads of demos to install new ones.

How do I go about upgrading the HDD, where do I get one from, what spec etc?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Its in the manual, a laptop hdd takes only a few minutes to fit. Its really easy. 500gb for about £50.

bigbloke
    Free Member

PS3 Slim 120GB will see you ok for a fair period of time.

Can always buy a HDD upgrade if you really need to in the future for not a lot of cash.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i have the orginal small hard drive, never filled it and i play online loads, mind you i dont save photos etc.

i download demos but after you have finished just delete them.

Sidney
    Free Member

I’d seen a guide about upgrading somewhere and this’ll do!

I decided to upgrade to a PS3 slim in the end but was quite tempted by whacking a large HD in the old PS3.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have the original small 40Gb drive and it’s only good for half a dozen games max.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PS3 buying advice…..’ is closed to new replies.