Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PS Vita or Nintendo 3DS?
  • dannybgoode

I do a fair bit of commuting these days and spank the Kindle a fair bit (not a euphemism I assure you) but sometimes hanker after a bit of light gaming.

I can’t get on with games on phones and tablets so have been looking at the Vita and 3DS (the new one with 3D that apparently actually works and doesn’t make you sick).

Would be looking at jRPG’s, platformers etc – any suggestions on which to get?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Nintendo.

The Vita is dead. It costs as much as PS4 lol.

Sony are not supporting it, so games will be made by secondary developers now.

It doesn’t support 5ghz wifi and the battery is not as long lasting as the Ninendo.

I wanted one to use with my PS4.

LMT
    Free Member

Look at the games out now and pick the one you will buy he games for, both handhelds are coming to the end of there life, the vita never really took off but has some great games and if you have a ps4 its the most expensive controller ever! I got a new slim one at Christmas in orange its very nice but I have ps plus with lots of free indie games.

The 3ds again is at the end as Nintendo will and should announce the NX this E3 which rumour has it its a main base unit for the home and a portable which will replace the 3ds but will be the controller for the NX.

Both have great games out just see what you fancy, JRPGS can be had for both.

RustySpanner

New 3DS is very impressive in the flesh.

Still £180 though, hoping for some excellent discounts when NX fever builds.

dannybgoode

The non-XL version can be had for £150 which makes it more palatable.

Now just need to decide which Pokemon game to buy!

RustySpanner

The screens on the non XL are not designed for 40 something eyes.
    Not mine anyway.
    🙂

I’ve got the DSi XL, I find the screen on that just about big enough.

dannybgoode

The new non-XL 3DS has a larger screen than the original – fits nicely in the pocket too. I’ll give it a go and see how I get on with it I think.

The XL is just a bit too bulky for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PS Vita or Nintendo 3DS?’ is closed to new replies.