Proud Dad moment

Home Forum Bike Forum Proud Dad moment

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Proud Dad moment
  • Premier Icon mrhoppy

Bought Hoppy jr a balance bike for Christmas thinking he’d be ready for it in the summer. I wheeled it out from behind the tree and he came over and started trying to swing his leg over the saddle but couldn’t reach, I took the saddle off and he was able to sit on the crossbar. He then proceeded to walk it (with a little help with steering) down the living room into the hall until he crashed I to the far end of that. He’s only 14 months old, I get the feeling that he’ll be better than me before the years out at this rate.

Premier Icon composite

Nice one here too, did you get in on film.

Great stuff!
    I worked on the principle of getting our little ones’ worst crashes out of the way before they had too many teeth.. 😉

Premier Icon mrhoppy

Unfortunately not, I wasn’t expecting it so didn’t have anything ready to film.

Leave it available for him with his other toys so he gets comfortable with it and can pick it up at his own choice.
    We did that with my eldest.. cant keep him off it now and hes much more natural on it than many kids.

Enjoy.. its fun to watch the progression

Premier Icon mattjg

Brilliant, gave ours (21 months) a Tinybike today, her feet don’t touch the floor but she got the hang quickly of picking her feet up while I push. I’m going to have to hacksaw an inch off the seat post to drop it. She’s quite small!

She can sort of steer herself if I push from her collar … sort of. The quicker we go the louder she giggles.

She’s been picking up bigger kids’ bikes in the park recently, and knows the word, even pointing to pics on my T-short and saying it.

Bikes are life.

The quicker we go the louder she giggles.

Teh awsumz

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Proud Dad moment’ is closed to new replies.