• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Marin.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Proposed new pump track in Wirral
  • Premier Icon colp

Any Liverpool/Wirral riders want to add their support?

https://haveyoursay.wirral.gov.uk/central-park-pump-track

Premier Icon Garry_Lager

It’s all happening on the Wirral.

Premier Icon Rich_s

Any Liverpool/Wirral riders want to add their support?

Funnily enough @colp I just filled in that wirral council thing about staying active by talking about lack of bmx / pump tracks.

Is it just me, or will that birkenhead one be a bit small? Better than what we have, yes. But I’m thinking of the Leeds bike park one which fits a hell of a lot into a small space? Wirral is crying out for anything like this. Behind the Prenton sainsbury’s on the old bmx track? Newton Park (near me) to try and offset the loss of the cheeky jumps on Thurstaston? Anything really – all WBC seem to do is restrict cycling, never build for the future.

Premier Icon colp

@Rich_s

Anything really – all WBC seem to do is restrict cycling, never build for the future.

Absolutely. After the big kick off when people built a couple of new lines on the cliff at Thurstaston I pestered the council about their anti bike attitude.

I’d love a LUBP setup here, I’ve offered to put in time and money, no response. I’d be happy with something like the big line of tabletops from there.

There’s 4 council owned golf courses so no shortage of space, but finding the right gradient is tricky. There’s definitely potential for several small sites – Brackenwood golf course down from the top by Storeton Woods, Bidston Hill, even the big mound by Port Sunlight could be made into something

Premier Icon Rich_s

I’ll drop a note to my councillor. He seems reasonably responsive (tory, so willing to fight against the council!). The only changes I’ve seen to cycling infrastructure have been “Don’t”! Signs all over the place (Stapledon Wood even had some added right by the permissive bridleway) and width restrictors. Bizarre when trying to promote active wirral.
    Happy to get involved if we can find a way!

Premier Icon Marin
    Free Member

Good post and done. Made the youth laugh at Christleton pump near Chester doing it on road bikes a few weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.