Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Prophet colour & suspension – photoshoppers and also shortening sus travel help
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Can someone photoshop a prophet frame so that the frame is kawasaki green and another version in KTM orange please? White bars and forks

Also – i fancy shortening the rear travel down to 120mm from 140mm. The current shock is 200mm i2i and a 50mm stroke. Bear in mind that it has 2 setting – freeride and XC.

can it be done and how?

theflatboy
    Free Member

what colour do you want the rear triangle?

Stu_N

If you put a 190×45 shock on it that takes it down to 120mm travel (this was the shock that was used on the Prophet SL model – only difference between it and standard Prophet).

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Rear triangle in the same colour as the main frame please

IA

As per stu_n, i had a prophet and ran it in both settings. Only the XC hole is really usable with the shorter shock, gets *very* low and slack otherwise. (and i’m not just coming at this from a XC standpoint, it’d be “worse” than my socom)

What shock do you have on it at the mo?

I found it better (with pikes on the front) at 140mm on a high volume medium tune RP2 than at 120mm on a rp3 with a heavy tune FWIW.

I could talk about the differences all day though, as I rode it extensively with both settings, there are pros and cons to each…. lemme know if you’ve any specific questions.

theflatboy
    Free Member

sorry, i’m not going to be able to do it. someone else can give it a go!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Stu_N – Member

If you put a 190×45 shock on it that takes it down to 120mm travel (this was the shock that was used on the Prophet SL model – only difference between it and standard Prophet).

Where can you get a 190x45mm Fox shock? I can only find 190 x 50mm

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Currently a 200 x 50mm standard tune RP23

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Green, of the two

racing_ralph
    Free Member

MMMMMMM the green looks schweet!

IA

It’s actually a 190×44 shock, IIRC. I’m sure mojo will sell you one.

What do you hope to achieve with the change? (obviously shorter travel, lower and slacker, but what do you want to change about the way the bike rides, and what forks you got on it?)

Spud

Green!!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

wanted to fiddle thats all – not thought about it really 🙂

Stu_N

Mojo or TF with do a shock with a reduced stroke for you.

160mm Float 36s, 200×50 shock and XC hole are the sweet spots for my Prophet MX

Ben_Haworth

FYI I’ve written up my experiences with trying 120mm shock (190mm i2i, 44mm stroke) on my Prophet in the next issue of Singletrack (on sale later next week) 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

ben – ygm

DustyLilac
    Free Member

I must have missed this thread last week, that’s a good sign I’m working harder…So apologies for being late to the party.

I have a Prophet built up as a bit of a short(ish) travel thrasher for local DH singletrack and a bit of jumping, but also for my occasional forays to the dreaded ‘trail centre’. I’m using a Manitou Swinger 4-Way, 190mm i2i, with TF modified stroke at 44mm. I only run it in the XC position, otherwise I find the BB dangerously low (from a pedal/root clipping perspective). at the front my 36 Floats are reduced to 130mm which gives a very similar a2c height to a Pike at 140mm. Geo is maybe half a degree steeper than a regular Prophet in the FR position.

I’ve got the SPV volume adjust set at minimum to counteract harsh bottom-out and am only running about 25% sag so its lively but able to cope with bigger hits without getting crashy. It pedals really well and the cornering is worthy of cliche. I decided on 120mm travel mainly to contrast more with the 170mm I’ve got on my Gemini. I’ve ridden the Gem twice in the last 4 months….

Looking forward to reading Ben’s thoughts in issue 50

Pieface

I believe titanium coil shocks work well.

Have you considered white for the main frame?

z1ppy

his was already white (with red stensiling IIRC).. though the white with blue writing (08 Prophet X’s?) is my favorite, though the Team issue (burnished ali with a spot of black & red) is a very close 2nd … which is good, as it’s what I have.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Raw is lightest…perhaps not with the rest of my spec though.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Prophet colour & suspension – photoshoppers and also shortening sus travel help’ is closed to new replies.