Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Proper roadie mudguards….
  • MoreCashThanDash

My SKS Longboards have got bent and twisted out of shape in the shed this summer, so need to replace them.

Would love some PDW fenders, but don’t think they’ll fit my Fratello Disc with 28mm tyres. Quite tempted by the Kinesis guards but not seen real world reviews, or should I just stick with the SKS again?

footflaps

I just bought some SKS for my new winter bike and they’ve completely shrunk the rear mudguard, it stops early and the rear reflector is pointing up at aircraft. Almost like they packaged a 700c front version with a 24″ rear in the box…

Pretty crap IMO, they used to be fine….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hxMMoy]Winter bike[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

MoreCashThanDash

Turns out that Condor’s Facebook team work Sunday evenings – the PDW Road Plus Full Metal Fenders fit a Fratello with 28mm tyres. And they have them in stock, cheaper than I can find anywhere else.

I’ve just spent “how much!?” on a set of bloody mudguards. They’d better be good.

Ben_H

I have PDWs and think they are absolutely the best mudguards I’ve come across.

schmiken

The Kinesis ones are great!

MoreCashThanDash

Everyone I know with PDWs raves about them. The Kinesis ones looked an interesting cheaper alternative though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You won’t regret the pdw mudguards.

They just last.

therevokid
    Free Member

+1 the kinesis ones … 2 years of all year usage so far and not a single
    issue .. perfect, although i did have to “hide” the kinesis badge as they’re
    fitted to a Mason 😆

joat

FWIW now, I’m very happy with my Kinesis Fend-offs. I think the squarer profile looks great and the anodising matches my frame. The only thing I’d change would be the stays to black (for the full stealth effect), how much to powdercoat 4 thin bits of stainless?

salad_dodger

+2 for the Kinesis guards. Had to get the Dremel on them to fit neatly on my Cannondale Synapse but since fitting them they haven’t budged. Decent length so my feet are dry. 10/10 so far.

13thfloormonk

Another vote for PDW, my PDW bike certainly quieter than my SKS bike, will replace the SKSs with PDW if/when the SKS fail.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Got some bontrager ones from Evans. Dead easy to fit and adjust. Much prefer these to the sks ones I had previously.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Proper roadie mudguards….’ is closed to new replies.