Proper excited, new Solaris content

Home Forum Bike Forum Proper excited, new Solaris content

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Proper excited, new Solaris content
  • timc

Rode mine for the first time in a while round Llandegla on Saturday, Loved it!

Some lovely build above, here is mine 😀

Cotic Solaris by Tim Condran, on Flickr

Premier Icon ononeorange

The problem with my Solaris is that the other bikes didn’t get much of a look-in last year, although when the mud really came down I went over to s/s (Simple) to try to keep the Solaris’ drivetrain from turning to cheese.

Must ride it less.

Sorry 4130s0ul, but it’s sold pending drop off on Weds.

If it falls through I’ll give you a shout.

@timc – What forks are they?

In fact, what 120mm would folks recommend for the Solaris?

Premier Icon roverpig

Thanks Speshpaul, that’s very interesting. It sounds as though it was more than just the fork. Could it have been down to heavy wheels/tyres though?

Maybe the Buzzard is just better suited to those who are happy to winch up the climb and get their kicks on the way down. To be fair, that probably describes a lot of MTBers, but personally I get as much out of the climbs as I do the descents. The thing that I really love about the FF29 is the way that it skips up stupidly steep stuff. There are a number of sections that I thought I’d never be able to ride up (and haven’t managed on any other bike) where the FF29 just seems to keep going until suddenly, there you are, at the top. It’s just a pity that I can’t feel the love for it on the way down.

I’m guessing that I’ll have to give up a bit of that climbing ability to get something that inspires more confidence on the way down, but if I’m going to give up too much I figure that I might as well go the whole hog, get a full suss and really enjoy those descents.

Im about to get a solaris too, but trying to decide between 120mm reba Rl’s, Sids RCT3’s or some discounted Marzocchi 44 switch TAs. whats the consesus on forks?

Premier Icon Speshpaul

Rob, don’t discount the Xfusion slides, try jim @ JTECH for a price.

Thanks P-Jazz, appreciate that

KingofBiscuits – Member

@timc – What forks are they?

Rock Shox Reba RL 120mm

No complaints so far from me!

Grips since swapped to less offensive black ones which I couldn’t find when I put it together 🙄

Spares/partial parts bin job hence old dropper and random 9 speed bit with non matching shifters, one sram, one shimano, oh the humanity!!!

Premier Icon Bregante

4130soul, my (large) frame, forks and h/set will be for sale in a week or two….

I’m not at all sure that I’m doing the right thing though but N=N-1 in my house currently.

email in profile 😥

Premier Icon adsh

So how does a Solaris feel in comparison to a Soul? As a dedicated bike for bad weather/mud is there any advantage as a completely untechnical bridle way basher/XC trainer?

As a 6’er on a large can you get a good aggressive XC position with the high front?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Proper excited, new Solaris content’ is closed to new replies.