Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Prometheus
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am now. Recently recorded the original so my wife can watch it for the first time.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bargain. Unfortunately I am busy buying up old Disney stock for the PS3. Still – Toy Story 3 and Up are worth it.

Hohum
    Free Member

I rarely go to the cinema on my own or with the weans, but I will be going to see this film.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Game over, Man!

footflaps

I still rate Alien as one of the best Scifi films ever, it has aged pretty well technology wise, computers are clunky, but the cinematography is superb esp the opening scenes.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Deleted scene:

Astronaut #1: “Bother. I can’t seem to open up this milk carton.”

Astronaut #2: “In space, no one can. Here, use cream.”
    😀

mikey74- I thought the same, it all looks a little too shiny maybe. It’s still probably the film I’m looking forward too most this year though.

loddrik
    Free Member

Been following Prometheus for years, was nearly going to be called Paradise until Danien Lindeloff got on board (from when RS first discussed going back to an origins story), must have spent months in real time over the past few years reading plots, revised plots, possible plots, locations, spoilers, cast rumours, cast confirmations, production shots, leaked photos, trailers, trailer reviews, frame by frame trailer analysis, viral stuff, the list goes on.

I have been looking forward to this film more than any other film in the 38 years since I was born (although I felt similar in the run up to Alien 3), so yes, you could say I’m quite excited…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I just got an email from Weyland Industries…

16stonepig
    Free Member

why do they call the preview a ‘trailer’?

Because they used to be shown after the main feature in cinemas, until they realised that people didn’t bother sticking around to watch them.

brakes
    Free Member

will it still have the lizards in?
    no, not Sigourney Weaver.
    the other ones?
    How does this fit in with Alien vs. Predator?
    Alien and Aliens are excellent, but I can not watch the other 2. Utter travesties.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just watched the trailers excited doesn’t explain how I feel.

Mrs Ache really wont like this so I may well go on my own, Seems a shame to miss orange Wednesdays Pizza and film tho. Might drag my brother along.

loddrik
    Free Member

I liked Alien 3 as it had a wonderfully hopeless atmosphere, but it was badly let down by script rewrites and awful cgi. Vincent Wards Alien 3 would have been a cracker whilst David Twohy version pretty much went on to be Pitch Black.

AvP etc are utter abominations and should never have been made but Alien 3 and Resurection are decent stand alone films but the bar had been set so high by the first two, and as such have suffered greatly by tge inevitable comparisons..

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’ve not got much time for Alien 4 (although it had its moments) but Alien 3 isn’t bad at all, dodgy CG aside.

PrinceJohn

Even the David Fincher (who’s directed probably at least one film you like…) hates Alien 3

So David Fincher is a self-proclaimed, “asshole,” we’ve agreed and moved on, cool. But there happens to be more from that Guardian article.

For all the revisionists and Fincher obsessives that insist, “Hey, ‘Alien 3’ is actually pretty good,” even the director thinks you’re dead wrong. “No one hated it more than me; to this day, no one hates it more than me,” he said noting that his struggles and labors on the film were an uphill climb adding to his detest for the project (and plus it’s the first film he didn’t have final cut on — you know he hates that).

Guardian: Have you grown to like it since then, “Alien 3”?
    Fincher: God, no!

And get this: the “director’s cut” version of the film that came out on DVD a few years back, that fans proclaim is solid proof of Fincher’s genius when he’s working unencumbered from studio meddling? Well, it’s not even his work.

Guardian: So that alternate cut on the DVD special edition whatever it is – that’s not yours?
    Fincher: I don’t know who did it, I’ve never seen it, I can’t comment on it.

loddrik
    Free Member

You can’t please everyone. We know Fincher hated Alien 3, but then Alec Guiness hated Star Wars and Stephen King hated Kubriks Shining, just because Fincher hated his own movie doesn’t mean everyone else should think it’s shite.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

of course if it was filmed for £D the 2D version will be dark and gritty, just like the original.

CountZero

How does this fit in with Alien vs. Predator?

Umm, not sure what you’re getting at. AvP started as a Black Horse comic in black and white, the basic story line not unlike the most recent Predator film, except it was a human colonised world that discovered too late it was also being used by the Predator aliens as a rite-of-passage site for the young fighters, and a proving ground for older Predators, by seeding the planet with eggs from a captured Alien queen. The second Predator film briefly showed an Alien skull on a trophy wall in the spaceship, so there has always been a tenuous connection.
    Promethious won’t alter that in any way.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ll prolly come along too Andy if you can’t get yer bro involved…

Cougar

I liked Alien 3

Biggest mistake they made with Alien Cubed was killing off Newt rather than using an adult Rebecca as a female lead. IMHO.

legalalien
    Free Member

I’ll echo previous comments on the original Alien. Bought the Anthology on Blu-ray and Alien was visually absolutely stunning. The transfer was impeccable – looked like it was filmed last week. I was expecting good things based upon reviews, but wasn’t prepared for quite how good it was. 😯 Sound wasn’t half bad either. I’ll have to see if I can talk the wife into watching the rest this weekend.

I_Ache
    Free Member

passtherizla – Member
    I’ll prolly come along too Andy if you can’t get yer bro involved…

Sounds good to me mate.

PrinceJohn

Oooh another trailer….

come on June!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpLH9ocVxAs[/video]

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I thought this was a thread about promethazine?

athgray
    Free Member

The first two films are two of my favourites of all time, so I was excited when I heard about Promethius. Having seen a few of the trailers I am unconvinced, but we will have to wait and see.

alex222
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lReHUKlgCis&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/video]

GrahamS

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcFnvULy8zA[/video]

PrinceJohn

Ohh a new viral – brilliantly off kilter & disturbing

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DOOJl5lWNfM[/video]

CountZero

PJ, I saw that earlier on Flipboard, and totally agree, there’s a quiet creepiness about it that’s rather disturbing; which is obviously deliberate.
    And his voice:

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I’ve still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

A quote from 40 years ago that has a relevance even now, I think.

Cougar

Pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood…

kimbers

cougar +1

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I like the viral – it’s Like Ridley Scott made me a nice new video CV.

verses

Another Cougar +1

kimbers

POSSIBLE SPOILER…….

im worried about trailer that shows the whole oohh aliens contacted the ancient egyptians/mayans etc bit its a bit AVP/crystal skull/chariots of the gods for me, hopefully that aspect wont be too laboured!

hels
    Free Member

Frack – is that not the plotline from the first Stargate film ?? Not a good omen to be lifting ideas from that universe.

BoardinBob

im worried about trailer that shows the whole oohh aliens contacted the ancient egyptians/mayans etc bit its a bit AVP/crystal skull/chariots of the gods for me, hopefully that aspect wont be too laboured!

I believe it’s more about the origins of life on earth, rather than aliens contacting primitive earth

ulysse
    Free Member

I ferkin LUUUUUUURVE Aliens 3 & 4 equally as much as the first two, the casting and acting in 3 was for me at least, sublime, especially Brian Glover & Pete Postlethwaite…

Promethius has the makings of something epic, if its done right

Markie
    Free Member

Thanks for posting the viral PrinceJohn, great stuff!

BoardinBob

I ferkin LUUUUUUURVE Aliens 3 & 4 equally as much as the first two, the casting and acting in 3 was for me at least, sublime, especially Brian Glover & Pete Postlethwaite…

Promethius has the makings of something epic, if its done right

3 gets an (IMHO) unnecessary hard time. It’s a hard act to follow Aliens.

4 is atrocious.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I can’t think of a duff Ridley Scott epic

what? I take it you’ve only watched two of his films then?

Prometheus, however, has real potential. I’m glad so many of you are as critical as me. The ‘aliens contacting humans’ opening at the begining of the trailor looks a bit ‘ meh ‘ stargatey with whizzy Avatar effects. And the finish does look a bit steralised.. but.. still huge potential.

Fingers major crossed.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Prometheus’ is closed to new replies.