Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 384 total)
  • Prometheus
  • sootyandjim
    Free Member

I must say that I’ve not looked forward to seeing a film as much as I’m looking forward to seeing Prometheus in a long time. I just hope it doesn’t go all Star Wars Episode 1 on me.

z1ppy
    PrinceJohn

I just hope it doesn’t go all Star Wars Episode 1 on me.

+ 1,000,000

chewkw
    Free Member

So this is a watchable film but lacks killer punch according to the link provided by Z1ppy.

HHmmmm … see they spent all their budget on visual enhancement by forgoing some good story line … typical. 🙄

PrinceJohn

Just checked rotten tomatoes website 89% fresh so far…..

bigG
    Free Member

Off to see it on Bank Holiday Monday, I’ll now spend the next few days trying to avoid any news or spoilers for this. Hope it’s worth it because the wife is coming too and if it’s crap she’ll never let me live it down..

loddrik
    Free Member

Just watching Alien now as an appetiser…

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Just watching Alien now as an appetiser…

“We ain’t outta here in ten minutes, we won’t need no rocket to fly through space.”

mikey74
    Free Member

The Empire review does not bode well, but I’m still looking forward to it.

loddrik
    Free Member

That Empire review goes rather against the grain, it isn’t another Alien, it’s Prometheus, and I’m certain I’ll enjoy it as much, albeit for different reasons..

speaker2animals

How can you say you’ll enjoy something before you experience it, whatever the “it” may be?

I was bothered until about 3 week ago then zi started to get caught up. Not happy with the TV ad I’ve just seen. Showing far too much for my taste. Has this been released to counter indifferent reviews. Shooting yourself in the foot IMO.

We’ll see.

deluded
    Free Member

Tickets booked for Sunday night – much anticipated. Does look good mind. I’ve become a bit of a Fassbender fan, so I’m looking forward to see how he plays his role in comparison to Lance Henrickson’s ‘Bishop’.

PrinceJohn

Tickets booked for Sunday night – much anticipated. Does look good mind. I’ve become a bit of a Fassbender fan, so I’m looking forward to see how he plays his role in comparison to Lance Henrickson’s ‘Bishop’.

Geekon/
    Bishop was several generations after David, so in theory David should be more robotic – judging by the little video introducing David, I think Fassbender has it nailed…
    Geekoff/

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

From the reviews I have read Fassbender owns the entire film.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’ll ask him about it later, at the premiere. 8)

theflatboy
    Free Member

I can confirm it’s absolutely amazing! Loved it loved it loved it! 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

theflatboy – Member

I can confirm it’s absolutely amazing! Loved it loved it loved it!

Explain why you “Loved it loved it loved it!”?

theflatboy
    Free Member

Excellent film all round, perfect blend of action, suspense, narrative, head scratching and tension. FX aren’t OTT, the reality depicted is believable and it adds just enough to the Alien world without being a prequel in the “dovetailing narrative” sense.

Awesome.

It helped that i was sitting a few rows away from Scott, Theron, Elba etc. to watch it (as well as Hayek and other persons of interest!)

swavis

You lucky lucky ******* 😀

I can’t wait to see it!

ski
    Free Member

Bump…

Has anyone else managed to see it?

What did you think?

allthepies
    Free Member

Response from film critics seems to be :-

“Meh”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17701436

“You go into the internet and get right into entomology, beetles, the design of underwater creatures and the more you see, the more you think, why did these evolve this way?” he says.

“I think it was John Updike who said something like, ‘We’ve been here for about three billion years, why did nothing really significant happen to us physically until about 70,000 years ago?”

the_lecht_rocks

watched alien last night, laughed hard at the appearance of the rubber hand puppet before it scarpered off and grew into a big menacing monster….

will watch alienS tonight, book Prometheus for Sunday methinks…..

Pigface
    Free Member

If you are expecting wham bam Alien and Aliens you are going to be dissapointed, like Blade Runner I think Prometheus is going to take a few watches to really get into it and understand it.

Just read Peter Bradshaws review and 3 stars from the Guardian on a film like this is pretty good 😉 Fassbender?? steals the show.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just don’t think you’re watching some sort of “explanation”. Clearly, Scott has no idea what he’s talking about (see above)…

Kato

It was good but it will need a few watches. Did wow me so to speak

Fassbender does indeed steal the show

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

However, while other ‘thinking’ blockbusters like Christopher Nolan’s Inception manage to pose such profound, complex questions in a way that remain engaging to a viewer, Prometheus quickly buckles under the weight of its many ideas. There’s a lack in focus and coherence here as if Scott aimed so high that he never stopped to observe some of the simple, fundamental problems with Lindelof’s screenplay. Consequently, he’s unable to maintain control of Prometheus’ wild ambitions and they soon rapidly collapse into a disorderly heap of confusion and craziness.

I’m out, can’t stand films which you spend the whole time picking holes in the story/plot

Cougar

You all know what the “fi” bit of “sci-fi” means, yes?

colournoise

I’ll hold off judgement until I’ve seen it I think. Blade Runner is far from a perfect film, but it’s still in my top 5. Hoping Prometheus is in a similar vein.

slainte 💡 rob

ian martin
    Free Member

Saw it this afternoon and really enjoyed it, it looks amazing.
    The wife thought it was ok though.
    I like the way it leaves you thinking after watching, definitely requires another watch.

PrinceJohn

Just got back from Prometheus, it could never live up to my expectations, but it was very enjoyable all the same…

chewkw
    Free Member

ian martin – Member

… it leaves you thinking after watching, definitely requires another watch.

That is the problem with all these prequels …

You see now they mess up the sequence of all those Alien’s episodes …

It’s like going from Nissan Skyline to Ford Model T … 🙄

PrinceJohn – Member

Just got back from Prometheus, it could never live up to my expectations, but it was very enjoyable all the same…

That can only mean they have over hyped the film to recoup their investment … that trick will not work forever once the iPhone generation understands it.

ian martin
    Free Member

I meant thinking about all the little details that the film is full of.
    Remember the guy that wrote lost had a hand in writing this.

PrinceJohn

That can only mean they have over hyped the film to recoup their investment … that trick will not work forever once the iPhone generation understands it.

To be fair to me, I was also this excited about Alien 3, Resurrection & the first Alien vs Predator they most definitely disappointed…

chewkw
    Free Member

ian martin – Member
    Remember the guy that wrote lost had a hand in writing this.

If that guy is involved the movie is shite! Fact! This guy is not cut out to direct film. No talent whatsoever.

LOST so shite I think the guy should be put to hard labour for simply being born.

PrinceJohn – Member

To be fair to me, I was also this excited about Alien 3, Resurrection & the first Alien vs Predator they most definitely disappointed…

They are all worthy of TV time but not cinema time where you have to pay to watch. I like Alien vs Predator action scenes but the story is shite put it this way.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Just back… Awesome! I loved it…. Very dark and the 3d was great.i just went and got entertained.. Sorry not a critique

chewkw
    Free Member

bobbyatwork – Member

…. Very dark …

You mean in the dark as in night time as in cannot see anything? 😯

loddrik
    Free Member

Just got back in from watching it, superb, enjoyed it immensely. Definitely going to see it again.

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

Just back from seeing it. Very good but not perfect. Visually it’s amazing! Had fancy moving d-box seats which actually worked really well.

It’s certainly no summer blockbuster like Avengers but it’s proper epic sci-fi.

Defo going to see it again.

v8ninety

Enjoyed it but… Can’t help but think that it’s (attempting to be?) a high brow ‘Lost in Space’ without Joey from Friends. Sure there is the abstract concept, but the plot is basically the same…

Also, when a very well played android who’s lack of emotional tells is actually the most engaging character in the film, then a movie is in a little bit of trouble. The only other interesting character for me was the geologist, and, well…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 384 total)

The topic ‘Prometheus’ is closed to new replies.