• This topic has 46 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Prolapsed Disc
  • Blueadvocate

After much pain and physio, I had injections, everything was going well but I knackered my back again falling over my daughters buggy.

In the end I went under the knife.
    Had S1-L5 and L5-L4 snipped away.

Never had a problem since but I totally agree with above posts on core strengthening and keeping good posture (bad posture being the biggest cause of back problems)

slowjo
    Free Member

Prolapsed Disc.

Done that, been there. Hurt like hell. It took a few goes to get it sorted properly (my fault for riding too soon, playing footie and rugby with the kids too soon etc)but once the physio had it sorted out I was fine.

I thought I had done it again after falling off a ‘technical trail feature’ onto my head but luckily not.

Good luck.

catvet
    Free Member

prolapsed a disc L3/4 first week July,(had MRI and injection plus physio) still have some discomfort daily, burning sensation in muscle on hip left side and down front of Quads.
    How long did anyone else take to settle down to become pain free entirely, I have also lost 1.5 ” in circumference on my left thigh, any ideas if it will come back, if so how long?
    thanks

mduncombe
    Free Member

I’m off to see a consultant tomorrow, 20 years of neck pain, 3 years of forearm pain, a couple of years of unexplained chest pains. GP and physio been trying to get me an MRI for suapected C6/C7 nerve compression.

13thfloormonk

I’m now at the ‘confused’ stage of my recovery 😕

I’ve been doing a variety of physio stuff but am now focusing on core strengthening.

My discomfort is very localised, feels like local to the disc but slightly off to the side. I was experimenting with back braces which seemed to help initially but the first one was awful to wear (it gave me blood blisters which have since scarred!) and the second one, although very comfortable to wear, actually seemed to make the pain slightly worse by the end of the day.

I imagine my disc as having a tear in it still, which is where the pain is coming from. Do discs have nerves, would I feel pain from the disc having a tear in it?

I was focusing on trying to immobilise the area while it healed (like a broken bone in a cast, hence the back braces) but now wondering if I should be mobilising it more, but not sure I understand what that achieves?

Will be trying a spin class soon, hoping I can maybe get back into some gentle road spins.

mduncombe
    Free Member

I’m off to see a consultant tomorrow, 20 years of neck pain, 3 years of forearm pain, a couple of years of unexplained chest pains. GP and physio been trying to get me an MRI for suapected C6/C7 nerve compression.

well that didnt go well. was told its just minor arthritus due to my age (46) despite sitting here in front of PC with excrutiating pains shooting up my neck and down my shoulder and walking around like an 80 year old 🙁

dazh

I was focusing on trying to immobilise the area while it healed (like a broken bone in a cast, hence the back braces) but now wondering if I should be mobilising it more, but not sure I understand what that achieves?

IANAD, but when I did mine a couple of years back both the GP and the physio told me in no uncertain terms that I should keep moving and doing as much as possible normally and to take whatever painkillers I needed to make it bearable. Keep going with the core exercises and stretching, it takes time (approx 18 months for me). Maybe a trip to the physio to review your exercise routine would be a good idea?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Prolapsed Disc’ is closed to new replies.