- Project bike, thoughts and advice?
So I bought an old steel frame to try and make a fixie out of, a bike as simple as possible, look sleek and sexy, that is the plan. I really like the look of this kind of thing and I would like to try and do something similar… (and I have never tried riding fixie)
So here is a few photos, what do you think? It is nothing special but I liked the colour and the little details make it kind of interesting, on the other hand its an old steel frame so it is a bit of a heavy beast. A few questions….
– Anyone have any advice on cleaning it? What should I use for the painted parts on the frame to make it all nice and shiny and even protect it? And same goes for the chrome?
– Anyone have any idea about sizes of things? R.E the headtube, axles, seatpost etc, will it be all special/wierd old sizes (it is a french frame by the way) or will they be similar to current sizes?
– Depending on the answer to the above question, where would I pick up the old parts?
– Anyone recommend any nice flip/flop wheels? I would like some nice chrome ones 😆
– What would you expect to pay for whats in the photos there?
Posted 4 years ago
The topic ‘Project bike, thoughts and advice?’ is closed to new replies.