Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • “Progressive” geo gravel bikes?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Who else makes them? I can think of the Fustle Causeway, Evil Chamois Hagar (possibly a bit too much?). Spesh Diverge Evo is interesting.

I’ve been riding a bodged up old-skool 26″ hardtail with bigger wheels and gravel tyres, rigid forks and flat bars for a couple of years, and loved it, but it needs some proper money spending on it now all the bits-box bits are dying, so I’m thinking about n+1ing. My local “gravel” riding (eastern peak) can sometimes be quite chunky, so the idea of “not just a roadbike with bigger tyres” quite appeals, but I really want to try one first, as I don’t want something that makes the road bits too inert.

I really like the look of the Causeway, but would prefer steel (or ideally Ti!) over ally.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

hardtailonly

Ragley Trig if you want steel? Maybe not as progressive as you’re suggesting, but with HA of 69.5/70°, and room for (albeit 650b) 2.1 MTB tyres, not far off.

timmycee
    Free Member

Nordest Albarda v2? Something from BearClaw for ti? Or STW ‘recommend your own bike’, Brother Big Bro? Mine’s built up drop bar style and eats chonky grav for breakfast, although a bit of a tank on tarmac.

hardtailonly

Or try Marino and go custom; they seem to do gravel frames also.

brant
    Free Member

I did a ridiculous sample for onone which I called the Superflick. No idea if it’s going ahead.

hardtailonly

I did a ridiculous sample for onone which I called the Superflick. No idea if it’s going ahead.

As a lover of the Pickenflick (14000 km in under 3 years), I’d have been all over that.

Tell us more? And can’t you get back into designing bikes so that it can be realised? Or at least send me a prototype to test!

snotrag

New Fearless Warlock due to be released soon (January) and will be a decent priced steel option with what sounds like more ‘progressive’ geo than the outgoing Vulture.

UK-FLATLANDER

Litespeed, unfortunately Al but slacker than many and low stand over and shorter seat tube.

sillyoldman

Saracen Levarg if you can find one.

tuboflard

What about the Kona Sutra ULTD? Not sure how “progressive” it actually is but I’ve got the standard LTD and also live on the edge of the Eastern Peak and can ride all of the “chunky” stuff you’re probably thinking of @JonEdwards, so the ULTD is probably more again on what I’ve got.

swanny853

I think bowman have a new FootsCray coming at some point. The original (2015) had a 70deg head angle and (I may be slightly biased after buying a second hand one off here) is an absolute giggle. If the mk2 sorts out a bit more tyre clearance for 650s and a threaded bb it’s going to be an awesome bit of kit. (I can run 43/44ish 700s at the back on mine in summer, but i don’t think going to 650 would really buy you more space).

supernova

Second the Kona Sutra Ltd.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The Knolly Cashe seems to sit in the progressive box quite nicely. Available in both, titanium and steel.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘“Progressive” geo gravel bikes?’ is closed to new replies.