Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Professional coaching – any experiences/recommendations?
  • nickb

I’m researching some professional coaching options – like Charmichael Training Systems. Their pricing seems pretty punchy – e.g. $375/month for access to a coach with various workout analyses (details here https://trainright.com/coaching/cycling/).

Does anyone have any experience with these guys, or any other recommendations?

Thanks!

beej

Surely Carmichael Training Systems are the very top end? He was Lance’s coach so can still trade on that.

What do someone like Torq Fitness charge?

paton
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paton
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

What do your local coaches the ones who can actually work with you specifically charge.

dovebiker

There are lots of ‘trainee’ coaches keen to work with subjects, rather than having to subscribe to a professional service.

What discipline / what are you trying to achieve?

convert

What discipline / what are you trying to achieve?

This is key.

When I was competing in triathlon at the pointier end I tried working with a coach. Phone calls and a programme he emailed me. I’d share my files back and supposedly he’d amend and send me the next week’s.

Sacked it off after a few months. A combination of neither me being mentally able to give up control and also my life not being flexible enough to adapt to his programme. Also, after emailing back and forth with another guy he was coaching it became very clear that this coaches’ idea of adapting a program to the athlete’s current level and life beyond sport was pretty nonexistent.

These days it would have to be a very good coach prepared to customise their off the shelf models for you significantly to beat what you can get from Trainerroad for the vast vast majority of weekend warrior/non-pro athletes.

nickb

Hi – thanks for the feedback. Just to be clear, I’m not looking for coaching for myself – not at that level anyway – but researching options and various places that offer this type of coaching.

A friend of mine has a connection to a pro-level cycle team and is exploring options for setting something up alongside the team. Could be really cool if they can tap-in to the pro-coaching setup etc… but not sure how big the market is for this kind of stuff.

Thanks for the pointers so far – keep them coming!

Kryton57

What do someone like Torq Fitness charge?

https://www.torqfitness.co.uk/performance-coaching#section-fillup-5

Select Package Pricing. I get 4-6 weekly plans in advance using TodaysPlan – works also outdoors and on Zwift, 1 call a month, email contact when/ if needed and the Torq discounts shown. One of hidden benefits is that the coaches will work together to help each other out, and they all generally go the extra mile for you, if you are putting the effort in. I also get a load of nutrition and mental advice not just training.

With all coaching you have to be comfortable with your relationship with them, accountability, honest feedback which you may not be comfortable with and you’ll get out what you put in. Also, it’s not a magic bullet. Some people leap to more potential quickly, others creep up you do have to be comfortable with a lot of hard work and not think your suddenly going to be awesome because you have a coach.

Would I recommend Torq? Yes for sure. Marcus is my coach but I’ve had great help from Ant and Matt also.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Professional coaching – any experiences/recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.