Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • products and facebook accounts??????
  • sefton
    Free Member

Anyone noticed most products these days really pushing the fact they have Facebook accounts?

I mean who the hell wants to visit Sheadedwheat, Tetley tea, Dettol, Anadin – on Facebook? WTF

I don’t get it

camo16
    Free Member

Makes the products seem with-the-times, I suppose.

jon1973
    Free Member

There are plenty of people who ‘don’t get’ social networking sites generally, but hundreds of millions of people use them every day. I guess a lot of companies think that’s an opportunity too important to ignore. Plus it costs nothing except a person spending a couple of hours a week in an organisation to maintain it. Not saying any of the examples shown will get much of a following, but why not have a facebook page?

Edit – Finish Dishwasher Tablets – 130,272 followers !!! I rest my case.

donsimon
    Free Member

Isn’t it a case of being that if Facebook works for one company it’ll work for every company? Lazy f***ers in the m**keting departments who can’t come up with original ideas.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Makes good sense if you ask me. Most people will spend a good few hours on fb so they’re an easy target audience. Give them an incentive to follow a page, competitions etc, and then you can market special offers and what not to them when otherwise you would be able to. You’re going to pay more attention to facebook updates from pages than from adverts. And as mentioned above, its dead easy and cheap to do.

sefton
    Free Member

Hey I dont blame the brands – my post is more of a – what kind of person checks dishwasher tablets out on Facebook? get a life!

trail STW and figure out if you need to change your 29er to SS 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

what kind of person checks dishwasher tablets out on Facebook? get a life!

Looks like there are freebie to be had. Coupon clipping has moved in to the 21 century.

chvck
    Free Member

Hey I dont blame the brands – my post is more of a – what kind of person checks dishwasher tablets out on Facebook? get a lif

I think that quite a few of these pages are linked externally with a “click this link to follow us on facebook and be in with the chance to win…” or as above get coupons etc…

RealMan
    Free Member

I think that quite a few of these pages are linked externally with a “click this link to follow us on facebook and be in with the chance to win…” or as above get coupons etc…

+1, no one is that sad that they’d just want to follow a dishwasher product for fun.

xiphon
    Free Member

To many, ‘Facebook’ IS the internet. People might find that hard to comprehend…

Which is why every company will publish their Facebook page instead of their own website these days.

BBC News Northwest, I’m looking at you.

jon1973
    Free Member

To many, ‘Facebook’ IS the internet. People might find that hard to comprehend…

To many on here, STW IS the internet. 😉

madhouse

It’s become one of those things that all companies do, someone decided that social media is the future and managed to pursuade every company that if the competition is on facebook/twitter can they afford not to be?

I’d be interested to find out if anyones looked into the brand value of such things.

DaRC_L

What is this “face book” that you speak of 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They do it because they then enter the customer’s world rather than have to reach out to them through advertising.

druidh
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/Marmite

739,848 followers….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘products and facebook accounts??????’ is closed to new replies.