Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Production Privée Shan No5 review
  • Ben_Haworth

The Production Privée Shan No5 will also accept 27.5in wheels too but you’ll need to swap the shock yoke to make the conversion.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Production Privée Shan No5 review

kayak23

Very nice.
    Lovely paint job as always on PP bikes.

I demoed the original Shan NO.5 on a demo day at FOD years ago now and got to meet Damien and talk about the bike.
    I owned a Shan and an Oka hardtail which I have always loved, but I wasn’t smitten with the bouncy version and in the end I bought a Rocket.

Would like one of those if I didn’t need to pedal it back up.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

, I did experience some tyre rub on the seat tube of my bike after a trip to Bike Park Wales. I think the combination of 2.5in rear tyre and cased landings are the leading cause and it’s not something that I’ve noticed on local trails, which are more steep and rocky than fast and jumpy.

This does come across as pretty over-forgiving TBH.
    Does the manufacturer specifically state that it only takes tyres up to 2.3 or 2.4″?
    If not then it’s a pretty dismal showing and the reviewer should fully call that out. Not try to say that it’s someone else’s fault and the bike is fine on mellower trails.

Just seems very STW to gush about the steelness, and the paint job etc but then gloss over an absolutely fundamental design flaw.
    No?

rootes1

Crying out for custom painted fork lowers and crown.

TomB

It looks like it’s an old review, are PP still going? Any new products? Listed after a shan at one point…..

This review first appeared in Singletrack World Magazine issue 131

kayak23

are PP still going? Any new products?

sparkyrhino

I bought and still own Andi’s original 5, still love it, as said, not so much climbing, but a hoot going down

Sodajim

And I still have Andi’s Martini one from this article. I haven’t used it as much as I would like but even still, it just looks lovely hanging in the garage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.