Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Production Privee Shan.
  • shindiggy
    Free Member

Hi guys/gals.

I’m looking to purchase a Production Privee Shan and i’m unsure as to what size to order. I’m 186cm (6′) and currently ride an 18in On One C456 (non evo) which has a 609mm effective top tube which I find a little short when running it with a 50mm stem.

However, the large Production Shan has a shorter ETT of 600mm, but I fear the XL shans seat tube may be overly long at 510mm.

Guess, what i’m asking is does anyone own one or know someone who owns one? If yes what is their height and frame size?

Cheers

wysiwyg
    Free Member

You looking for the 650 or 26? I know of a boxed XL 26 that may be for sale.

shindiggy
    Free Member

650B unfortunately mate.

Cheers

bigdrew
    Free Member

Oka is longer.. Bit less slack (but still slack) I’m running mine with a 150mm fork and loving it.

In Derbyshire if you are local and want a look.

bigdrew
    Free Member

6ft 2″ and on xl by the way. 650b frame with 26″ dropouts + wheels.

bennn
    Free Member

wysiwyg I may be interested in that frame, will email you.

Edit; anyone running these with less than 160mm fork?

batman11
    Free Member

Shan 917 here 6.3 and size xl 650b version too. Got a buddy with a 26inch version and is 5.9 on a medium.
    Point of reference these day it’s well worth checking the reach measurement as that seems to be more important for today’s frame fit. Where you based?

shindiggy
    Free Member

Based in Birmingham, I think i’m in between the large and the XL and currently favouring the XL with a 35 mm length stem, or maybe even the 25mm pacenti stem/bar combo once available.

Will go measure the reach of my On One as its not published, then compare.

Cheers

shindiggy
    Free Member

Current reach is 416mm, Xl Shan is 437, large shan is 404mm.

On that basis I guess I’m looking at an XL?

batman11
    Free Member

Yeah should be ok. My buddy who is about 6.0ft has riden mine and that was with a 40mm stem and he found it fine.
    Seat tube wise also should be ok toptubes ars the same height across the sizes which is nice and low.
    You going to get it local or ordering from D&D cycles? If it’s them it would be worth getting them to supply and fit the invisiframe kit as they where the ones to sort them out and my XL was the template

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Production Privee Shan.’ is closed to new replies.