Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Product not as described.
  • sq225917
    Free Member

How hard can it be to read the order sheet and then select the correct item before you put in the post to a customer?

Lo and behold i open my spanking new pedals to find they come with anything but the titatanium axle upgrade i ordered. i would have bet my life they screwed this up when i ordered it.

Tried the phone line, no answer, no response to email either.

Now if i was a gambling man, I’d bet that when they do get round to answering my messages they’ll say that they are awfully sorry and are out of the titanium axled version and don’t know when they will be coming back into stock. (ie we just send out the cheap ones and hope no one notices or complains and pocket the £50 for SFA…)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Or it could just be a genuine mistake.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Wasn’t ATC was it?
    After some emails going back and forth due to not enough stock on an original order I ordered some 62A Advantage tyres, when they arrived they had sent me the cheaper 70A tyres – FFS! Maxxis make different compounds for a reason so check what the customer wanted!

footstomper
    Free Member

It could be a genuine mistake, quite easy to make if they are doing lots of orders especially if they are labled up wrong from the suppliers.
    Our In Time On Full was down to 96% last week due to a set of taps going out which where the wrong colour, so the packer was told to be more careful in future. He was adament he sent out the right ones so on further investigation it was found the suppliers had put the wrong codes and colours on the boxes 😕

sq225917
    Free Member

Spoke to them eventually and they ‘just forgot to put them in the box’.

Apparently they send you crap chromoly pedals + replacement ti axles to fit yourself. Weird way of working?

We’ll see if the axles arrive today as promised, if they do i’ll be genuinely pleased and surprised.

parisroubaix

Distance selling law- if you are not happy there is a period of usually at least 14 days in which you can return everything unused if you are not happy, if it gets that far. Agree it’s bizarre upgraded axles are a self fit.

-m-
    Free Member

there is a period of usually at least 14 days in which you can return everything unused

Pretty sure it’s 7 days.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah its 14.

Edit: Nah it is 7 days. :mrgreen:

sq225917
    Free Member

Well, despite their promise to have the axles delivered by the following day, it’s now yet another day later and still no sign of them and no follow up from them.

If it wasn’t so late in the day, i’d bloody well drive over to Lincoln and them shame the useless feckers. There’s no excuse for $hit service.

Anyone else fallen foul of the Superstar pedals Ti axles unavailability?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Apparently they send you crap chromoly pedals + replacement ti axles to fit yourself. Weird way of working?

So, you’d rather not have some spare standard axles then?

Well, despite their promise to have the axles delivered by the following day, it’s now yet another day later and still no sign of them and no follow up from them.

I’d wait until they turn up- it could be Royal Mail to blame (shock horror)

firestarter
    Free Member

i bought a set of keo carbons a few years back for 75 quid and they turned up but it was the wrong box and i thought it was strange , it was even stickered up at 180 quid ti axle version. i checked them out and they were indeed ti. as i felt bad i called the shop in question to tell them of their mistake and they told me to keep them for being honest 😉

so some shops do make mistakes and some are even great about it 😉

geoffj

Have you tried their brake pads?

firestarter
    Free Member

meeoowww lol

matt_outandabout

Seems a VERY odd way of sending out a product.
    Brand new, and yet expected to pull them apart and ‘fix’ them.

richc
    Free Member

not really, thats how I would expect to get them. Its the same with the DMR Ti Axle upgrade isn’t it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Product not as described.’ is closed to new replies.