Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Product Design Questionnaire
  • harfi
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m new on the forum but i have been riding bikes for many years, I’m a student at Salford university doing Product Design, our current brief is bike safety equipment, I have wrote a questionnaire and it would be greatly appreciated if you have 5 mins spare to fill it out for me. The first link is for a more general questionnaire and the second is focused more at Dh and all mountain side

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5T3V9X8

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KT67FRN

Regards

P.S the questionnaire is not brilliant and if you have any other ideas about bike safety feel free to comment

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Done. Good luck with yer stuffs! 🙂

harfi
    Free Member

cheers for filling it out 🙂 thanks to the other people who have filled it out aswell

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Also done, your questions could do with tweaking to make them a bit clearer, but no worries 🙂

harfi
    Free Member

yeah its the first propper questionnaire ive had to write, but i suppose the more you do the better they become, thanks for the comment and filling it out

Militant_biker

Both done!

I’d be interested to learn whether people who ‘light up like a christmas tree’ on the roads, have more or fewer incidents than riders who go for a minimal setup. My personal experience when I commuted was that I felt much safer dressed in black with just one FO powerful front and rear light, than when I used multiple lights, Sam Browne belt, frame reflectors and reflective rucsac cover.

monkeyboyjc

done…

tomsk01
    Free Member

both done

donsimon
    Free Member

Questions definitely need work, too many open questions and too many where you’re presuming that you already know the answer. You’ll find that out when you come to collecting the data. 😛
    But done and good luck.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The how much do you spend question –
    Month, Year, Lifetime?

harfi
    Free Member

cheers for your feedback.

Don: Thanks for filling out the questionnaire and thanks for the comment, I’ve had a look through the results that I’ve got so far and with the questions being quite open its meant that I’ve had a wide range of answers. This will help me as it has given me a few other areas too look at in my other research.

Ian: thanks for filling it out and getting back to me with your question. I will sort that question out, ive forgotten to put in a year on it, should of read through it properly and been less egar to post it

Thanks again to those who have filled out the questionnaire it has and will be very useful for my brief

harfi
    Free Member

If I could have just a few more filled out that would be great.

Thanks

Cougar

Done.

harfi
    Free Member

Cheers people

wwaswas

average weekly mileage was lower than I thought it would be but nice to see lots of people cycling to work.

portlyone

Done

ftr1873
    Free Member

Done and good luck!

andywill

Done

Ewan
    Free Member

Done x2.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Done. Results at the end are interesting to read. Nice to know I’m relatively normal. By STW standards at least.

harfi
    Free Member

I would just like to thank those who took the time to fill out the surveys its been very helpful with my research.

Thanks

CaptJon
    Free Member

Done. But is it just me, or do these questionnaires get worse every year?

kayak23

Done. When I wear my full facer I get significantly radder…

jameso

done. better bike safety could come from better driver awareness as well as lighting etc – proximity sensors for ex, like parking sensors?

amt27
    Free Member

I have a Product Design degree, if you can, switch courses

Dolcered

i do too, 10 years working on civil and miltary design projects now, so it never did me any harm.

barn
    Free Member

Done your survey mister.

Am also a product designer; 15 years designing all sorts of bits from torches to toothbrushes! Love it.
    Good luck with your stuff & give me a shout if you need any help or advice.

cheers_drive

Done but it wasn’t clear whether the fist one was about on or affroad riding so mileage is different and when on road I tend to use a few rear lights (helmet mounted, fibre flare and seatpost).

Good luck with the degree. It is a tough industry to get a job in and wages aren’t what they should be but it can be very rewarding.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Product Design Questionnaire’ is closed to new replies.