Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Procrastination and the whole heap of trouble it's got you in?
  • womble72
    Free Member

I’m such a tool. Got a speeding fine letter, 3 points and £100 fine and ‘filed’ it away to sort out later. This was exactly 1 month a go. Today I suddenly remembered I hadn’t paid it or sent off my license to receive my 3 points and I’ve missed the 28 day return by 1 week. I should have just sorted it all out when the letter plopped on my door mat, I put it off cause I didn’t have £100 at the time. I paid it today and sent my license off via super fast mail but now I’m in deep doo doo and will probably face court plus huge increase in fine etc….. But the bollocking from the wife when she finds out will,be even worse.

So what have you put off/forgot to do that has gotten you into deep trouble?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Condom. 😳

rocketman
    Free Member

Top 10 reasons to procrastinate:

1)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Divorce, put that off for far too long. At least 5 years if not more wasted and even more expensive financially.

doris5000

that reminds me, really must reapply for Small Business Rate Relief. when I get home from work. Maybe after dinner.

willard

Jambalaya, yup, +1 to that. If I had not been stupid enough to believe her when she said that she could change, I’d be past the shit that I am going through now.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@willard yup indeed, hang in there it will get better and the hassle will be worth it.

vickypea
    Free Member

I got a mobile internet device on a £10 a month direct debit 5 years ago, to cover a 3-month period when we didn’t have broadband. A few months later I found O2 to be incredibly unhelpful when I tried to cancel it. I forgot about it for a while and tried and failed again to get rid. It kept dropping to the bottom of my list of priorities until last month when I realised how much money I’d wasted. I finally psyched myself up to sort it out, but it was not straightforward 😐

willard

I hope so. Right now, every night I dread going home as I know she will be drunk, nasty and irrational. It’s a sad state of affairs and it is really messing me up.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Will reply later.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I’m currently reading STW because I’m putting off finishing off a piece of laminate flooring that was laid down 16 years ago! I even procrastinate about procrastination. :o)

breninbeener

@willard…i have been there. You need to take legal advice and sort this out. I let it run and run and ended up hospitalised in a drunken attack…and in a seperate attack she ended up arrested for my attempted murder. You dont have to put up with this.

If you want to, then you can email me.

Ian

Duffer
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oStGLkU[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Cost me tens of thousands of pounds over the years, and I’m not joking.

eddie11
    Free Member

Procrastination or Attention Deficit Disorder? Google it. There’s loads of info on it. It could keep you busy for hours.

shooterman

I try not to think about how much it has cost me. Took the easy instead of the simple path.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Student goes to his German lecturer to explain his now late assignment.
    Student-“I’m sorry but I just could’nt find the German word for procrastination”
    German lecturer-“There is’nt one”

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I can’t make my mind up about which procrastinating episode has got me into trouble, I’ll let you know when I decide.

jimmy

If there was an olympic event for procrastination i might get round to entering.

smell_it
    Free Member

I could hug eddie11, best post I’ve read in yonks 😆

joshvegas
    Free Member

have you ever walked into a uni exam and got 0%?

have you done it 6 times in one semester?

maccruiskeen

“Without a deadline
    I do nothing
    With a deadline
    I do nothing
    Until the deadline is upon me
    Then I panic
    Which is doing nothing quickly
    When the deadline has passed
    I begin work
    On my excuses.”
    – Simon Munnery

pat12
    Free Member

Tax return every year! Gather all receipts in April with the best intentions, file at 11:59 on the 31st Jan

tinybits
    Free Member

Oh, and op, there’s a good chance you’ll just get the 3 points – it’ll cost a lot more than any fine to get you in court! If you do get a summons, simply write that you’re very sorry, you were late sending it back, you accepted the 3 points and the fine and there’s a good chance of a +£25 and no more points.

jekkyl

Online shopping is the bane of the procrastinater!
    Wrong size or wrong item or it doesn’t work? send it back or leave it in a drawer for several months/years until you can no longer obtain the refund? hmmm now which should I do!?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Procrastination and the whole heap of trouble it's got you in?’ is closed to new replies.