Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Problems with my Futureshock fork
  • duff
    Free Member

I've got an 09 Stumpjumper with the futureshock fork.

I set it up according to the online instructions but the rebound is so fast it feels like it's topping out on the rebound! I've adjusted the dial to the min setting and it doesn't seems to have any effect, has anyone else encountered this problem? I thought they'd ironed out problems with the fork for 09?

The bike is second hand so I can't return it to Specialized under warranty and I'm taking it to Spain in a week so don't have time to get it sent away – just wondering if there is anything I can do? The bike has had little use but I thought any bedding in would not be relevant to rebound?

njee20
    Free Member

The bike is second hand so I can't return it to Specialized under warranty

Yes you can, they've said they'll transfer the warranty between owners. Anyway, just take it to a dealer and see what they say, keep quiet about the original owner thing just in case, but Spesh generally won't ask for a proof of purchase anyway. They're usually extremely quick at turning them around too.

duff
    Free Member

Ok, thanks.

I called my LBS (Evans Gatwick) the other day but didn't mention the fact I'm not the original owner, the guy said he'd need proof of purchase before they'd approve the repair. I was going to try and blag it but seemed like a no-go.

catnash
    Free Member

Have a word with Mark Dennis at Specialized UK on 020 8391 3500. He's the suspension and Roval Wheel guy.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, if Gatwick's your LBS you'll quite possibly be able to go to Spesh and have them sort it, they're only in Chessington.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

rebound on min and its toping out, have you tried turning it to max?

it might be a typo on your part (or specialized may be different to everyone else) but usualy minimum setting is the quick setting?

duff
    Free Member

Sorry, when I say min setting I mean the slowest. Basically no matter where I position the dial it has no effect on the rebound, it's always way too much.

Thanks for the info, I'll give Spesh a ring and see if they can help. 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Lack of oil would be my guess.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Problems with my Futureshock fork’ is closed to new replies.