Problem with RS Lyrik 2-step air

Home Forum Bike Forum Problem with RS Lyrik 2-step air

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Problem with RS Lyrik 2-step air
  • Hi
    Got some 09 Lyrik 2-step airs on the bike but they have been playing up a bit recently.
    Firstly, they don't reduce travel to 115mm, they reduce to 140/150mm.
    Secondly, when returning to full travel from a medium-large hit, they make a loud 'pshhht' noise.
    Can anyone help or know what the problem is?
    Thanks

TheSwede

Inherent problem with the 2 step. Off to TFT. 🙁

hora

Alot of the web reviews put me off buying the 2-step. It does seem to have problems. How old are they? Bought them new?

Yeah, they are new, bought them 2-3 months back! May be time to swap air internals for coil.

LoCo

Send back to fishers with proof of purchase or send through shop you bought them from. Should be sorted out no probs.

alpin

mine had exactly the same problem and it developed to the point where they wouldn't reduce at all a week before a transalp trip. ended up riding/pushing up hill with them stuck at 160mm.

sent them back to fishers once back and they've been sound ever since. no complaints with them now.

Remedy808

Hi Appin,

Have got the same problem with my forks. They onlty reduce to about 150mm on the short travel setting. Have spoken to LBS but they can't say how long it will take for Fishers to repair – how long did they take to sort yours out? Off to wales in two weeks and want to take my bike so reluctant to send them away now….

Premier Icon neil853
    Subscriber

I had a similar problem with mine. And the answer is depends how busy they are. I must say though they turned mine around in a week with a coil replacement (second failure for me). 🙄

cakerider

Got the same issue with mine but loath the idea of being without the bike whilst the weather is like this.

Just have to struggle uphill for a little while I think…

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Is the fix a permanent one, or does it recur? Quite tempted by some 2-steps for the Hemlock but not if they're going to be flaky.

Fix is not permanent!! Mine went back as they wouldn't reduce travel, then had to go back 2 months later as they lost all travel. Finally got them converted to coil. In my experience, steer well clear of the 2-step system.

Time wise, 1st time took a week to get back, 2nd time 2 weeks and that was with a mate who used to work for Fisher pushing them. Entirely dependant on how busy they are.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Turn around is about a week at the moment.

Pauly

Fisher warranty turnaround on forks is about a week including postage to and from your LBS.

The psshhht noise may be the oil returning through the damping circuit?

Pauly

ps – No more 2 step Lyriks from MY2011. Been dropped from the range.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Bugger that then. Cheers Undapressure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Problem with RS Lyrik 2-step air’ is closed to new replies.