• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Haze.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Problem using a Garmin with a wahoo kickr & TP sessions
  • mos

Hi all, bit of a niche problem here regarding indoor training but I’m at a loss. Problem is, my coach sets a particular training session on TP which syncs with my Garmin for indoor or outdoor use with the appropriate duration for intervals & power targets. The problem is, the Kickr always reverts to erg mode (which I don’t want as I like to lift or lower my output depending on what I’m capable of). This happens whether the trainer is set to power, grade or resistance, even if I set it say before I start or during a warm up, as soon at the next interval starts, the bloody thing just reverts back to the erg mode & wattage setting.
    I did try changing the workout from % of Threshold power to RPE which stopped the erg mode, but that then failed to record the lap/reps which makes it an arse to get accurate feedback. I could manually lap it but todays session was 3 sets of 20/10’s (20 reps each set) which would have meant manually lapping over 120 times.
    In just want to use it to record power like a power meter would outside.

Haze

Can’t see anything obvious in TP or Garmin, did you try toggling off ERG Mode Power Smoothing in the Wahoo app?

I know you’re not specifically using the app for your workout so not sure that would be it, worth a try though if you haven’t already.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.