Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,401 total)
  • Probably a stupid headset question..
  • fadda

I bought some forks from the classifieds, which arrived with the crown race fitted.

So I now have a spare crown race.

Any ideas what else I could use it for…?

shoefiti
    Free Member

obvious, but i’d suggest a cock ring

andrewh
    Free Member

Don’t know much about headsets to be honest, but do you think it’s ok to let these two babysit my 3 kids tonight, they only charge a fiver an hour – which seems resonable

Don’t think it is a good idea, see http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/39/contents
    May have to pay them £5.93 as they do look over 21.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

if they are self employed they dont need to work for the minimum wage but an employer MUST pay it
    HTH

sas
    Free Member

I think we’ve got a nuclear power vs crown race race for longest thread. Neck and neck at the moment with 1125 posts.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Year 1126 (MCXXVI) was a common year starting on Friday of the Julian calendar.

antigee

obvious, but i’d suggest a cock ring

tip: don’t even think about buying a starnut inserter

andrewh
    Free Member

1126 (MCXXVI) was a common year

Wasn’t that common, there was only one year 1126.

wwaswas

there was only one year 1126.

or two, if you include BC.

ononeorange

I don’t think British Columbia had been invented in 1126. Just saying.

brakes
    Free Member

commonality is a relative concept, so 1126 was extremely common relative to the number of times this thread had a valid point to make

andrewh
    Free Member

there was only one year 1126.

or two, if you include BC.

That’s like saying 5 and minus 5 are the same things, which they aren’t.
    There could be more than one year 1126 if you start counting Gregorian, Jewish, Islamic, etc calendars.
    Although this may also be rubbish and like saying there is more than one number 5 if you include numbers other than those in base 10.

sas
    Free Member

If you believe in the multiple universe theory then you could have an infinite number of year 1126s. That also means there’d be multiple universes in which crown races did or didn’t come with headsets.

DT78
    Free Member

So I need to buy a tapered headset – will it come with a crown race??

teethgrinder

So I need to buy a tapered headset – will it come with a crown race??

No.

Or possibly yes.

Dancake
    Free Member

I will come with a tapered brown mace

boxelder

Is a tapered headset less stupid than the OP’s?

Helios
    Free Member

Crikey… Are we still talking about this?

Since this thread started I have:
    Bought my first house
    Married my wife
    Changed my job
    Eaten a lot of celery
    Still not seen a real life magic cat…

soobalias
    Free Member

dont know if i would know if the cat i was looking at was magic or not, but i hate celery

andrewh
    Free Member

Still not seen a real life magic cat…

His Lordship

andrewh
    Free Member

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Crikey… Are we still talking about this?

Since this thread started I have:

……Bought a headset.

I’m not sure anymore if it should have come with crown race or not. Should I complain if
    a- it didnt come with one
    b- it did come with one and should I send it back.

andrewh
    Free Member

I bought some new forks recently and they came with a crown race but no headset.
    a) They weren’t actually new new, just new to me new. is this kind of thing more prevalent with second-hand bits?
    b) Have we already done the ‘crown race with no headset’ discussion?

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Well, there’s now a new headset standard to comtemplate.
    Virtual headsets give you all the sizing headaches without actually being a physical entity.
    So you get all the fun of trying to work out which one will theoretically fit your headset / headtube standard without the financial stress of having to buy one.
    The perfect tool to beat the current economic climate.

If you would like more information on virtual headsets, you won’t find any, anywhere.
    But you can waste hours trying to find some here http://www.virtualheadsets.com
    So whether you have 1″ threaded or a head, 1 1/8″ threaded or ahead, 1.5″, 44mm, Integrated, semi integrated or internal.
    You won’t find any of the info you’re looking for here, or anywhere else for that matter.
    But we wish you good luck if you decide to further your search.
    The virtual headset society.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

What was the question again?

alexathome
    Free Member

I made a curry for tea, but forgot to out the yogurt in it, it still tasted ok thou.

boxelder

Hello old thing…..

andrewh
    Free Member

but forgot to out the yogurt in it

When the yogort says it’s still in the closet I think it meant one more like this

andrewh
    Free Member

This may not be the best place to ask this question but here goes.

I have a new frame with a 1.5″-1 1/8″ tapered headtube. I have straight 1 1/8″ forks.
    If I buy an adapter for the lower half of the headset will it require a 1.5″ or 1 1/8″ crown race or some sort of adapter to allow fitting of my usual crown race?
    And if it needs it’s own special crown race or adaptor does it come with it?

boxelder

Try the crown race you have. If it doesn’t fit, turn the frame upside down and try again – Voila!

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

I’ve no idea..

Does that help at all?

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve tried that Box, but it seems to be causing a few other issues. The one I probably should have foreseen is that I now need an adapter for the top of the headset instead, and maybe from the crown race. Is it still known as a crown race if it is at the bottom of the forks, as crown surely implies top? However, that really is the least of the complications of following this idea.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Anyone got a Cane Creek crown race that I could borrow?

grizzpup
    Free Member

I did have one you could have borrowed but I ended up lending it to someone else for use as a cockring. Do you want me to see if I can get it back? I’m sure he would disinfect it thoroughly.

Otherwise get a normal brake shim and blacksmith it to the right size by bashing it with a hammer (or your head)!

hope that helps a wee bit.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Couldn’t I just use a cockring?

Dancake
    Free Member

Couldn’t I just use a cockring?

Yes. yes you can

andrewh
    Free Member

Is this a hen or a cock?

Not quite sure of the size but unless that is a really big bird it’s not 1 1/8″. Must be a hen ring.

bruneep

yeah it lives!

bigyinn
    Free Member

The thread that will never die!

ononeorange

Does that bird have no feathers on its legs? Is this the latest bird fashion? And why is it standing on a giant hand?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,401 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.