Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • probably a no brainer – Apple or PC question
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Traildog, but for the vast majority of users such an issue is irrelevant, you buy a PC/Mac load the software off you go, after a period of time it is either creaking or broken and it gets replaced.

upgrading rarely features.

Having upgraded the HD on a 1st gen iBook it isn’t easy but it can be done. for the power/pro macs upgrades are easy it is the “consumer” machines that aren’t so easy, which to me makes a lot of sense. if you can define the user.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t get viruses.. got AVG, Windows Defender, firewall etc etc. Vista complains if you don’t have it set up right, so it makes it easy.

molgrips
    Free Member

Traildog, but for the vast majority of users such an issue is irrelevant, you buy a PC/Mac load the software off you go, after a period of time it is either creaking or broken and it gets replaced.

I disagree. For most people, it gets slow or breaks so they take it to a back street repair man who swaps out bits with cheap new bits and it works again. Unless it’s a Mac….. 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

But in all honesty, how many average home users will ‘upgrade’ their machines? You buy a computer, use it until it get’s slow, relative to the new software you might bung on it, and then you probbly replace. Granted, you can change things like processors on PCs, quite easily, but you might as well get a new MB anyway, and take advantage of the faster speed of that board, which will probbly allow faster RAM etc.

I was thinking of replacing my Pentium D 3.4GHz processor in my PC, but it’s not a great deal more to replace the MB as well. And my current MB won’t be able to take full advantage of the faster speed anyway, and uses a slower type RAM.

The truth is, that Apple make products for people who don’t want or need to have to get to grips with all the ins and outs of computers, they simply need it to do the tasks they want. Like emialing, sirfing, photo organising, playing movies, music, etc.

Apple make fantastic products for that purpose. I’d reckon, based on my own experience, that an Apple Mac would suit the OPs needs, perfectly.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘probably a no brainer – Apple or PC question’ is closed to new replies.