• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • pro2 hub fail help needed
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Hi all. on my 08 marin wolfridge there has just started a loud rattling from the back end that seems to echo through the frame.if you bounce the back wheel you get the normal chain/rear derailier noise but it seems on top of that.no lateral movment in the hud but it,s dam loud when riding.
    Do you have to remove the hub inorded to send it back to hope(6months old)

robhughes
    Free Member

any ideas anyone

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

it is very simple and straightforward o strip and rebuild the hub. Yu don't need to unlace it from the rim to return it to hope but it is expensive on postage.

DIY or decent LBS or get a mate to do it.

wwaswas

as TJ says – it's really easy to dismantle and check everything and then reassemble.

robhughes
    Free Member

is this a common fault that they rattle there socks off.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Almost impossible to diagnose a noise. the hubs are really simple tho – the only things possible are bearing failure, pawls failure or the shell has broken

go onto the hope site and check the diagrammes. Phone hope up – they might well offer to do it for free.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Hope have been great when I've had problems – give them a call.

Speshpaul

Take the whell back to who ever you brought it off.
    If the hub needs to go back to Hope, then the bike shop (the people you have a contract with) can strip and rebuild the wheel if that is required.
    You shouldn't have to pay.
    cheers
    paul

robhughes
    Free Member

hi paul.bit of a problem there.i live on the wirral and bought the bike of j e james.

wwaswas

just try your lbs – if it's an 08 model it's probably out of waarranty now anyway?

robhughes
    Free Member

only bought it in april. new(last years model)
    still got the receit though.

kimbers

hope have an online video thingy showing you how to dismantle the hub

its pretty easy

robhughes
    Free Member

back to hope me thinks.
    i,ll ring them tomorow with my best telephone voice.
    the other problem is i,m up in scotland for a weeks riding so it looks now like it,s a hire job.
    don,t mind though,get to try out a few bikes at inners and gt.
    nice trek session for iners 😀

br
    Free Member

Its a 2 minute job to strip a Hope hub, and most/all LBS's carry spares – or worse case just buy a new wheel instead of wasting money on hiring.

If its bearings and you can't/won't do it, probably a (max) £35 at your LBS.

Bearings are consumables, but in 3 years of riding on Hope's I've only replaced one front set.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘pro2 hub fail help needed’ is closed to new replies.