Pro2 axles – Anyone snapped one?

Home Forum Bike Forum Pro2 axles – Anyone snapped one?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pro2 axles – Anyone snapped one?
  • Andyhilton

Riding today. Freewheel was sticking. That’s a bit of a pain I thought…

Removed wheel and the cassette still attached the the freehub dropped onto the floor…

Now as sick to the power of rad as I am, has this happened to anyone before?

Hob Nob

Maxle rear end by chance?

Rickos

Maxle lite to be specific? Old Maxle axles had a constant diameter down the length that supported the inside of the axle properly.

Andyhilton

No. Standard axle.

gillycoops

I snapped mine 3 times in 12 months, replaced by Hope each time but you can do without it. Mine was on an Orange 5 with a standard Maxle not the light version, I am 18 stone but ride fairly steady.

TandemJeremy

The freehub and cassette do just pull off – is the axle actually broken?

yes twice on my orange 160! The guy at my lbs told me that it was because of the maxle?

Andyhilton

TJ – Yes sheared right off. I’ll uplaod a pic in a minute.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

That’ll make it easier to service the pawls.

Hope’ll sort you out, I’ve had a few pops at them for the breaking axles thing in the past but they make up for most of it by being so good at sorting it IMO. That said, it wouldn’t take much to remove the stress riser from the design seeing as how they’re cnc’d.

yeah its exactly the same thing as happened to mine twice!

Andyhilton

I’ve had my other set of pro2s for 2 years with no problems. Just an unlucky one I guess. I’ll ring Hope on Monday.

ahsf

Hope are very very good on returns also quick, i have found in the pastso give them a call an send it back you will have a new one by thursday.

PeterPoddy

I’ve done 3 XC axles but not a Pro2. That said, I got shot of most of my Pro2s after just about every other part broke. Even the one I have left (20mm front) is a bit broken.

Yup snapped one on a maxle lite.

A mate has snapped 2 on a normal maxle.

Premier Icon international
    Subscriber

I snapped a Pro 2 while using a Maxle lite. Hope insisted it was a Maxle Lite issue, but were nice enough to replace the hub anyway.
    I then snapped the replacement while using a solid axle. Hope were nice enough to give me a refund.
    I now use a Saint hub.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pro2 axles – Anyone snapped one?’ is closed to new replies.