• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pro-Pri Shan?
  • FOG

Fancying change of hardtail and have had an eye on the Production Privee Shan for a while. It seems to be one of the few if not the only modern geo ht that I can recycle my 26″ wheels and forks on. Worth a punt or better just to bite on the bullet and spend money on a 27.5 ht of which there are many to choose from? I should point out that I am no wild child , I just want something better downhill than my current old-school Soul.

honourablegeorge

Lovely loking bike, but the Shan is very short – that may be a good thing or a bad thing for you.

Personally, I’d be edging towards 27.5, and I’d have Cotic ahead of a PP

Akers

The Shan is designed around 27.5″ wheels with the option to buy alternative dropouts to run 26″. One of the few bikes where you can use both. Good if you want to upgrade in stages.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I’ve got a Shan 27 and it’s awesome!

It’s the best hardtail bike I’ve ridden. I’ll be keeping it for a long time!

I actually prefer it to my Shan no 5 and was quicker on the hardtail on a lot of downhill sections on the Marin track last weekend.

It goes downhill like a rocket! 🙂

kayak23

I always come on here bigging up Production Privee, so I will again.

First one I had was the Oka. Very similar frame but they bill it as more pedal-friendly.

After that I had a Shan, and kept it about a year(still had the Oka tucked away) Absolutely brilliant frame.

You’re not allowed to talk about vertical compliance on here but, both frames, with flattened seat and chain stays, are the smoothest I’ve ever ridden and I’ve had many hardtails.

I’ve since gone back to the Oka, mainly as I still had two frames and there was just something about the Oka I preferred. Not sure what. Plus I got a fancy paint job on it.

I wouldn’t say they were short. I guess by the current trend they might be, but they’re spot on I think. If you’re anywhere near Leamington spa and take a medium you’re welcome a shot.

I rode the Oka 26″ for a while, and to have that option is brilliant. Feels better on 27 though I think. Trails alive and all that.

The Shan

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Xr7awZ]Barford. August 2017[/url] by blackteaonesugar, on Flickr

The Oka

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23TEqYN]POka. Shutcastle. January 2018[/url] by blackteaonesugar, on Flickr

breninbeener

I have a PP Shan in the Gulf colours as in the pic above. Its not as long as some, but i love it.

I ride it as hard as my YT Tues at Antur Stiniog and Morzine/les gets.

I run 160mm pikes…its brill.

It goes well at Marin and Penmachno. I got the 26 dropouts as well as the 650b, but ive only ever run in 650b.

If youre near Snowdonia, then give me a shout!

bullroar
    Free Member

I’ve and one since the end of last summer, it replaced a BFe. Originally rant it as26″ but now 27.5″ which seems better to me. It is rather short in the top tube but that suits my short arms and encourages weighting the front. Taken me awhile to get the hang of it but it is a keeper and a bit more forgiving than the BFe if your landing is not spot on.

FOG

The short tt is beginning to put me off! I have long arms and short legs so perhaps it might be better to go for the latest Longshot geo soul which might suit my monkey proportions better

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pro-Pri Shan?’ is closed to new replies.