Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pro-Core. Anyone tried it?
  • imnotverygood

Seems to have been out for a little while. Anyone any experiences?

jimdubleyou

Can anybody (I mean ordinary mortals, not sponsored etc types) actually get hold of it?

gibbonarms
    Free Member

I’ve got a 650b and a 29 set both fitted and in use. I managed to source the 650b one in the UK from my LBS when he had limited stock and the 29er one came from mantel bikes in the Netherlands (great service and unbeatable price, highly recommended).

Still early days yet, set up was a fine, but as long as your on wide rims and methodical its not a problem, and I’m liking the security from rim strikes on my cheap Chinese carbon 29er rims. Only downside is the extra rotational weight and spending time finding tyres with strong enough carcasses to run at lower pressures so they don’t deform in corners.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

spending time finding tyres with strong enough carcasses to run at lower pressures so they don’t deform in corners.

Is that not the point in procore…lower pressures with normal tyres with support from the blue core? If you have to run beefy dh tyres why run procore?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Surely the point of it is that you can run low tyre pressure without the risk of damaging your rims or getting pinch flats if you hit something

D0NK

Is that not the point in procore…lower pressures with normal tyres with support from the blue core?

support from core protects against tyre rolling off the rim and snakebites from rock strikes. If your tyre squirms around at low pressure I don’t think there’s anything (except higher pressures) you can do to fix it.

Also there’s a broad range of tyre weight/flex before you get to DH stuff.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

My issues have been more with the tyres: OO chunky monkey / smorgasboard. Swapping to Maxxis or Schwalbe’s should solve it with the stronger sidewalls.

My main reason for trying it was after killing 2 rims this year: a ZTR flox ex and a chinese carbon 35, both on rocks. So the procore is a way of protecting my rims from those rogue rock strikes when I want to disconnect my brain and hit rock gardens at full chat.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Buys cheap On One Tyres. Fits 150 quid inner tubes 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pro-Core. Anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.