Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pro Choice – Risk Acceptance Guilty Pleasures?
  • nedrapier

As Grumm said in the helmet thread:

“We are all exposing ourselves to different degrees of risk all the time, the extent to which you accept them or try and mitigate them is often not done on a very logical basis, and is entirely up to the individual imo.”

I get up in the morning, iron a shirt and then have a shower and a shave. Because I sleep naked, it seems a bit of a waste of time to put clothes on to iron the shirt.

My girlfriend thinks this is stupid.

I burnt the front of my hip quite badly (thin skin) a little while ago. She said “I hope we’ve learnt something about ironing naked?!”

“Yes we have: Be More Careful When You’re Ironing Naked.”

What’s your guilty pleasure? Taking your helmet off on long hot climbs? Diving into the shallow end of swimming pools? Free solo rock climbing? Mountain biking? Smoking whilst pregnant?

nedrapier

posting threads in the wrong forum?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ironing my helmet

MattPhotos
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright

ironing my helmet
    A little bit of tea actually came out my nose. I think mine has to be reading this forum.

nedrapier

I don't think that many people think being on here is that risky. Unless you're on here so much you think you might get fired?

MattPhotos
    Free Member

Well I'm not at work (half term) so I guess its not that risky. Unless you count the fact that I am using a laptop on my actual lap. Nothing a quick ride wouldn't do though.
    Just a guilty pleasure it is then.

crazy-legs

There was a report on the radio this morning about how the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme had seen a significant jump in applications after some kid was killed doing one of their adventure training courses – it was put down to a (perhaps slightly macabre) idea that it was risky and therefore more interesting/cool to the youth of today.

Perhaps a warning against too much Health and Safety gubbins where you're not allowed to do anything…?

nedrapier

Fair enough, Matt!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pro Choice – Risk Acceptance Guilty Pleasures?’ is closed to new replies.