Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pro 2 bearing replacement
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

I have previously made a bit of a fist of changing bearings in hope hubs, I dont fancy using sockets etc, would prefer to get the right tools for the job this time.

I have seen a few threads on what bearings to use, so will follow this up, but would like to know what are the proper tools I need to replace the bearings on a set of Pro 2 (assume front, rear and freehub)

I have done a google, but there seem to be a number of different packs and individual tools, so I am struggling to work out which I need to get.

Any pointers (links even better)

Thanks

offthebrakes
    Free Member

It is also worth getting the support bush, to protect the hub while you knock out the old bearings.

compass81

If you are still unsure give hope a ring and they will tell you exactly what you need.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Thanks all

neninja
    Free Member

The kit I posted has everything you will need – 2 sets of bearing drifts (front and rear) and the support bush.

The only other optional item is the rear hub seal tool which isn’t necessary.

Contact Kaesae on here for your bearings – quality INA/SKF bearings which he weatherproofs with grease.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

The one you posted said “1 x rear drive side support push”, by which I think they mean the hub seal tool, although its an odd description. It does also say “nylon wheel support not included” which makes me think they are talking about the seal tool.

It had me confused when I ordered it a while back.

+1 for Kaesae’s bearings 🙂

slinkybike
    Free Member

If you want to go OTT get one of these’s and modify it to slip a wheel under swapping bearings is a breeze.

http://www.reevegroup.com.au/engineering/eng_products_arbor.htm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pro 2 bearing replacement’ is closed to new replies.