Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • Private plates
  • bedmaker

New van coming soon, so I have been having a play with the DVLA number machine looking at whether I can find a business related £399 22 plate.
    Nothing really floating my boat.

Rude words seem to be ruled out so TO22 ERS doesn’t exist. TO22 ERZ is there though, just incase anyone with a new pop n bang car coming is looking for a suitable plate 🙂

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

How dreadfully gauche

maccruiskeen

How dreadfully gauche

Too many characters

maccruiskeen

SO22ERZ for your local butcher’s jag?

tomhoward

I saw an, what I assume was legit, Ambulance with a reg starting K999…

Fitting, I thought.

trailmonkey

would it not be easier and cheaper to just change your business name to eg. BX22 TGS ?

molgrips

Is W4 NKR available?

bedmaker

We can no doubt expect to see plenty of BO22 plates being driven around by red faced blokes and hard faced women soon.

stingmered

I just don’t get private plates.

andrewh
    Free Member

I just don’t get private plates.

If you have a couple of hundred quid kicking about then why not? What could you possibly do that would even more fun than buying a couple of bits of coloured plastic?

binners

If you have a couple of hundred quid kicking about then why not? What could you possibly do that would even more fun than buying a couple of bits of coloured plastic?

1. Coke

2. Hookers

😃

maccruiskeen

BO22 plates

ZZ22 ZZZ

maccruiskeen

2. Hookers

HO04 ERS it is then

5plusn8
    Free Member

It would be cheaper to just buy some stickers and spell put your name on the back, or get one of those sunshade windscreen labels “Barry and Tracy” across the front of your cortina.

molgrips

I could be the richest person in the world and I’d never get one.

andrewh
    Free Member

I had one for a month or so, came on a car I bought. Right PITA to get rid of, I felt like a proper tool driving round like that.
    Sorry OP, I think the consensus may be ‘don’t’

Onzadog
    Free Member

2. Hookers

For £200? I thought this place was all about quality rather than quantity.

Drac

Ambulance with a reg starting K999…

Our trust once had K999 NAS for the first of a new range of vehicles.

binners

molgrips. Full Member

I could be the richest person in the world and I’d never get one

That’s a shame Molls. We could all have a field day coming up with a suitable one for that Merc 😃

slackboy

HO04 ERS it is then

For a travelling vacuum cleaner sales person?

I saw “U S05AGE” on the back of a range rover, which I thought was quite funny.

Klunk
    Free Member

saw CO51 BED on a matress truck, didn’t seem too cheesy at the time.

maccruiskeen

For £200? I thought this place was all about quality rather than quantity.

Depends on the timeframe.

MoreCashThanDash

We can no doubt expect to see plenty of BO22 plates being driven around by red faced blokes and hard faced women soon.

For all the losers who missed out on BO55….

bedmaker

It would be cheaper to just buy some stickers and spell put your name on the back, or get one of those sunshade windscreen labels “Barry and Tracy” across the front of your cortina.

Except it isn’t really, that’s why I’m looking specifically at 22 plates for £399.
    These plates are cheap now because only new vehicles can display them. When I wind up business ten years from now, the plate can be sold at a decent profit, while the sunshade sticker is long since in landfill.

I’m in total agreement by the way about personal plates with names or initials on, that’s not what I’m after. Total embarrassment…
    I do quite like a business related one though, it’s a different thing.

Portaloo hire place near here has P33 POO and JOB 3Y or something close, the acceptable end of private plates imo.

molgrips

That’s a shame Molls. We could all have a field day coming up with a suitable one for that Merc

Sadly B1 NRS isn’t available.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Except it isn’t really, that’s why I’m looking specifically at 22 plates for £399.

VS £20 for stickers? Do you really think £399 is cheap for a badly spelled label?

Onzadog
    Free Member

MO16RIP

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I could be the richest person in the world and I’d never get one.

Same here, never been one for vanity plates.
    I once knew a guy with Triumph Mayflower who’s reg was OPT 8. He was offered a fortune by an optician, didn’t sell though.

Edit, just checked the DVLA site & it’s now on a Land Rover. So he did sell it!

maccruiskeen

When I wind up business ten years from now, the plate can be sold at a decent profit

It was once the case that Private Plates only appreciated in value as the supply was fairly limited – only ones that were issued at random / by accident made it into circulation. Now that the DVlLA has monetised the issue of them it means many more actually get issued so theres loads of them – every clever business related combination that could get issued does get issued and thats been the case for over 20 years so theres plenty of stock – I work with a guy who has a sizeable  fleet if vehicles – all with plates that appear to spell his business name which is a name that describes the act of driving a vehicle so as car and business related a private plate as you could ask for. – judging by the number of them he’s got they’re not hard to come by.. Next time you’re  in traffic challenge yourself to see if theres ever a moment on a journey when you can’t see a ‘private plate’ – they’re totally ubiquitous.

Ebay’s full of private plates for sale -some with optimistic prices on some for nearly nowt the vast majority of them just don’t sell. In 10 years time there will be a decades worth of new ‘business related’ plates out there, and non of the old ones will have gone away – so rarity is constantly decreasing.

martymac

Driving around perth, MAD41T, spaced out to read mad 4 it.
    Made me laugh.
    I’m not generally a fan of them, except humorous ones.

singlespeedstu

Our trust once had K999 NAS for the first of a new range of vehicles.

I know the owner of K999 NAT.
    She’s had the plate for years.

bedmaker

VS £20 for stickers? Do you really think £399 is cheap for a badly spelled label?

If you read my post, then yes, over the ten year period I mentioned, the £399 plates will work out cheaper.

It’s not rocket science…

bedmaker

Unless they don’t of course 🤣

Onzadog
    Free Member

Copper near me retired after 30 years.

P30 LOD.

He was surprised I’d pinged it. Said normally it was only kids that could see it.

maccruiskeen

If you read my post, then yes, over the ten year period I mentioned, the £399 plates will work out cheaper.

Unless you can get your email address or a mobile phone number on a 22 Plate I think a sticker is going to drum up more business and yield more profit in the short and long run 🙂

5plusn8
    Free Member

Yeah in terms of return on investment, a sticker will be better at communicating your brand, and a lot cheaper.

wheelsonfire1

During the last national fire service strike our Brigade was supplied with a new full liveried car reg #999FBU – we never worked out whether it was the brigade engineer or the vehicle supplier showing support. It drove senior officers mad!

reluctantjumper

These plates are cheap now because only new vehicles can display them. When I wind up business ten years from now, the plate can be sold at a decent profit, while the sunshade sticker is long since in landfill.

I bought a personal plate back in 2004 for £250 direct from the DVLA, nothing special just a 6 character one with my initials. Quickly got bored of it and realised it was a little bit naff so decided to sell it 3 years later. It was selected by the trader I had it advertised to go in an auction as they thought it might make more than the £499 they had it advertised at for some reason. Cue a cheque for £2200 being in my hand a few weeks later! It sold for just under £3k to a guy who was buying up every plate with my initials on it for some unknown reason but a few years later I checked and it was on a 2003 Jaguar X-type diesel! Seems to have disappeared now though but I don’t care, it paid for most of my new bike 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

WA22OCK?

funkmasterp

What’s your business OP? We need to know so that we can suggest plates

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

4K Aston Martin Valhalla Exclusive ...
Singletrack Video Archive: 4K Aston Martin Valhalla Exclusive Hybrid Supercar Event in Vienna