Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,063 total)
  • Private ownership of firearms
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

stuff like game birds could be caught very easily, and deer could be killed using other methods such as captive bolt gun

Go to the countryside. You might get a little muddy, but you’ll soon learn why that’s utter tosh.

Trapping wild deer and wild game birds before killing them? Seriously?

KennySenior
    Free Member

stuff like game birds could be caught very easily, and deer could be killed using other methods such as captive bolt gun, so there is not actually any genuine ‘need’ to go shooting stuff, not in the UK anyway.

I love you, you’re f’in brilliant 🙂

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

lol, townees make them selves look like tards… 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

Regarding target shooting using lasers…

Lasers are perfectly straight, have no real distance limitations, anent knocked about by wind etc.

It’s a shite idea.

And it’s also totally unnecessary.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Gawd. I really wish someone would get that thread bolt gun I requested on page 4.

Mod’s – coup de grace s’il vous plait.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Derek, you started it…! 🙂

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Lasers are perfectly straight, have no real distance limitations, anent knocked about by wind etc.

but with a bit of development they could be amazing

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Ha ha ha, this is still going…..never ceases to amaze me how much time people have on their hands

anyway……i’m looking to borrow one of these:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think that if you’re a violent fantasist or realky shit at a huntin’ and a trappin’ and a shootin’, a laser isn’t really going to give you the wood that a proper killing machine can.

busydog
    Free Member

Looks like this going to continue on well into the late night/early morning there in the UK—I haven’t managed to get any work done all afternoon reading the posts in this thread, so have to sign off—-I’ll check in the morning to see if this is still going and if anyone was finally worn down.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Elf – I am afraid they are right on the deer – shooting is the only way to cull them.

No need to ever shoot birds tho – most of the birds that are shot have been raised in cages and release shortly before they are shot.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

No need to ever shoot birds tho – most of the birds that are shot have been raised in cages and release shortly before they are shot.

but TJ thats just crap mate.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t know much about guns, but wouldn’t wind be a factor to consider when aiming and firing real bullets?

That would be a fair and valid point, certainly on an open range. Yep. I’ll accept that as a valid argument for the continued use of bullets. Fair enough.

I think this would be limited to a small number of event types though. And would it really be all that great a loss to the sport to use laser light instead?

Just trying to think of how to make a sport ‘safer’ and more accessible, is all.

Go to the countryside. You might get a little muddy, but you’ll soon learn why that’s utter tosh.

My family own half of Cornwall and a sizeable chunk of Devon. My father owns a farm. So be quite, you pleb.

Seriously though, pheasants are shit at hiding and getting away, they’re just fancy chickens really. They’re not hard to catch.

And did you see this bit?

and those needing to cull deer numbers in places where rounding them up is not practically possible.

Now, there are plenty of places where other methods of rounding up deer could be employed. Observe:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsb5HH8m24Y[/video]

It’s not actually but you carry on beleiving it if it suits your own agenda, eh? 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nealglover – so I did not say what you claimed I did as you now admit, and your stats do not disprove what I actually said.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Nealglover – so I did not say what you claimed I did as you now admit, and your stats do not disprove what I actually said.

no one cares what you said TJ.. no one…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_UiEz5Uxs[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jumpupanddown – nope – its the truth. I have seen it with my own eyes. Most birds shot are cage reared and released just before the shoots.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think this would be limited to a small number of event types though. And would it really be all that great a loss to the sport to use laser light instead?

*Runs off to see if it’s possible to bring an aircraft down with a laser*

It’s not the gun.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Nealglover – so I did not say what you claimed I did as you now admit,

Yeah, you did, but on a thread I can’t remember, several years ago before ‘the event’ 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Jumpupanddown – nope – its the truth. I have seen it with my own eyes. Most birds shot are cage reared and released just before the shoots.

Most??

stwIMG_4952 por kala y simon, en Flickr
    And this is where you lose all credibility.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

funny that spent years rough shooting with my dad… not many cages did i see. Do you eat meat?,,,, if so STFU

nealglover
    Free Member

your stats do not disprove what I actually said.

TJ. Yes they do. They disprove it completely

And yet you’ve still not posted any evidence to back up your stupid claims.

Don’t weasel out of it. Its pathetic.

And also :

most of the birds that are shot have been raised in cages and release shortly before they are shot.

That’s just total bollx.

You really are just making this stuff up as you go along aren’t you ?

I live in the middle of an area that’s widely used for shoots, and there are thousands of game birds all over the place.
    You can’t walk down the footpath at the back of our house without them flying out of the bushes.

My friend runs hunts about 5 miles away, and we were walking there on new years day, same thing exactly.

Not a cage to be seen anywhere, and thousands of birds.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, I have in the past twelve months, shot pheasant, duck, partridge, pigeon woodcock and snipe (The latter two with minimal success!). Some of the pheasant were farmed Not in cages from my knowledge, but other than that none were cage reared. You’re talking rubbish again, I’m afraid.

nick1962
    Free Member

jumpupanddown – Member

That is ^

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/n/CAMPAIGNS/pheasant/ALL///

loum
    Free Member

Its not a real sport though, is it?
    Not like snooker or darts.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Around here for sure don simon. No question at all. Its a huge industry rearing birds to be shot. You see them in their cages when out and about and you see the empty cages at shooting season.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

That is ^

yes that web site is totally neutral, i mean its on the net so it MUST be true, i doth my cap to you’re superior townee ways…. not..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH round here the only thing not cage reared will be black grouse I think – everything else is cage reared and I am sure most of the birds you shot would have been as well.

v8ninety

Good lord, why do we keep arguing with him? It’s like a slightly addictive but no more productive version of banging your head against a brick wall. Leaves you with a nasty headache, too.

donsimon
    Free Member

Around here for sure don simon. No question at all. Its a huge industry rearing birds to be shot. You see them in their cages when out and about and you see the empty cages at shooting season.

So, what you meant to say was “most around here” and not “most” because ALL the pheasants around here are free.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Some of the pheasant were farmed Not in cages from my knowledge, but other than that none were cage reared. You’re talking rubbish again, I’m afraid.

Then, right:

Oof.

😆

Always a pleasure to watch….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am sure most of the birds you shot would have been as well.

You may be sure, but you are wrong.

Wild red legged partridge on a rough shoot at the edge of the village. Pheasant on a few driven bird shoots, mostly around Swindon and Salisbury. Snipe and woodcock on a very rough shoot in South Pembrokeshire. Pigeon in any number of local woods. Duck in West Wilts, also wild. Etc. Etc. Etc.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

CFH round here the only thing not cage reared will be black grouse I think – everything else is cage reared and I am sure most of the birds you shot would have been as well.

TJ, you live in a town and have never killed and eaten some thing in whole life.. i suggest you try it.. its party of what it is to be human.

nealglover
    Free Member

Beaten to it again Elf.

“comefollowsomeonelse”

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes that web site is totally neutral, i mean its on the net so it MUST be true, i doth my cap to you’re superior townee ways…. not..

this does not mean it is untrue though why not refute it rather than mock?
    having lived in the country it is still the minority that hunt and most are0 like the cpt – townies who drive in from afar

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

So, the red grouse are cage reared round your way are they TJ 😆

Keep on digging… bound to reach daylight soon

SD-253
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

SD-253 – Member
    Elfinsafety – Member
    I prefer the greater and far more macho thrill of fighting in pubs, rather than shooting something what can’t fight back.
    Go get a broken bottle, you don’t know what you’re missing.

You can prove yourself to be much more of a ‘mayn’ if you do so. Shooting animals is for pansies

I assume this is irony because I doubt you have the back bone to do anything of the sort
    So I didn’t say, it elfin said it, surely you can see that I was merely slagin him down for his remark as is obvious?? Don’t you think you should be giving him hard times. Out of order saying I said it lieing is even more accurate

nick1962
    Free Member

jumpupanddown – Member

That is ^

Makes more sense than your internet contribution this evening

Anyway here’s another load of tosh from the internet

That’s the way to raise your kids…

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

have you ever been in a abattoir??? make that look very pleasant mate…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Are you that naive CFH? Of course they are captive bred birds on the whole. the pheasant will have been for sure.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,063 total)

The topic ‘Private ownership of firearms’ is closed to new replies.