• This topic has 12 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Private messages borked?
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to send a private message to another forum user but keep receiving 502 Server Errors

Error: Server Error
    The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
    Please try again in 30 seconds.

Anyone else getting this or is it something my end. I can post to the forum without issue.

Drac

Ooooh! Something up there. I’ll message tech.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just sent you a message (borrowed Drac’s other iPad).

PJay
    Free Member

Cheers both of you, the messages came through however I can’t send out. When replying I get a slightly different error to sending a new message:

When sending a new message:

Drac

Interesting I did wonder if it had gone through regardless.

You may not be able to reply to me as I’ve limited who can send messages as some members seem to think it’s ok to argue with mods via PM.

PJay
    Free Member

In that case he might have half a dozen PMs then 🙄

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve got none. 😢

PJay
    Free Member

I’m afraid nothing happens when I try to reply to you eddiebaby, no server error, not busy icon in the tool bar, nuffin.

If you two can send out though, it might be something my end. I had to clear my browser cache a couple of days ago as I couldn’t post to the forums. I’m using Chrome on Windows 10.

– Edit –

Oooh, I get the same server error trying to PM on my Android phone.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s not me, it’s you.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I had a weird problem on Saturday trying to post and being told I had no permissions allowing me to do that or strat new threads.
    A quick email to Tom in IT sorted it (on a Saturday, late morning – thumbs up emoticon.).

tommathy

Is this still happening?

Drac

Seems fine now. Ta

PJay
    Free Member

Yes, working for me now too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Private messages borked?’ is closed to new replies.