Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Privacy Valueing pop-ups – is there anything I can do?
  • IHN

Sorry, but new laptop today, Win10 with Edge (it’s a work one, locked down, don’t blame me), and the We Value Your Blah Blah Blah pop ups are horrific – literally every couple of seconds.

Is there anything I can do/check in the browser (cookies?) set up that might calm them down a bit?

smokey_jo

P

perchypanther
    Free Member

Release a pair of Beagles into the STW server  room

IHN

I think they must already be there.

Drac

iPad?

Make sure it’s allowing you to save Cookies and not blocking them. I’m not use to Windows anymore so can’t give you tips on how to do that.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Allow your device to be infested with third party cookies and STW should no longer value your privacy on every new forum page loaded…

Then run SuperAntiSpyware a day or so later and see how many hundred nasty things are detected.

I had ~600 found in Google Chrome, when blocking third party cookies typically results in a scan of finding less than 60 nasty things on a scan every ~3/4 weeks.

Cougar

Then run SuperAntiSpyware a day or so later and see how many hundred nasty things are detected.

Or, don’t, just ignore them and get on with your life?

jimdubleyou

4.1p per day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Privacy Valueing pop-ups – is there anything I can do?’ is closed to new replies.