Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Printers?
  • Richie_B

Does anyone know of a home printer-scanner which produces decent quality two sided prints but doesn’t use printer cartridges which cost more than their own weight in precious gems?

HP updated the firmware on our current printer so that it only accepts own brand cartridges (If anyone knows how to get round this please say). It might not be so bad if the cartridges were of a constant quality (Well it would the cost for replacing both is more or less what we originally paid for it).

Thanks

blurty

Following!

househusband

Newer HP that does what you want (scanner, duplex, etc.) and subscribe to their ‘Instant Ink’ service?

leffeboy

As househusband says and as with the previous threads on this.  Unless you need much higher quality than normal or much higher volume then instant ink is a real winner.  It fixes that crazy cost nonsense

tthew

Our HP Envy 5530 does double sided. It’s quite ancient now I’m sure current models are at least as capable. And yes, Instant Ink FTW, (again)

johndoh
    Free Member

The standard answer to this (it has been asked several times on here) is HP with Instant Ink. Ours was very cheap, duplexes, scans etc and also I can print directly from my phone.

There really isn’t a decent alternative.

johndoh
    Free Member

OP – you say you currently have a HP printer – can you not simply subscribe to the II service or is it an older one that isn’t compatible with II?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Printers?’ is closed to new replies.