Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Printers
  • stevemuzzy
    Free Member

My trusty photosmart has just proven untrustworthy saying it has a printhead malfunction. Various potential fixes tried/support on web gone through but it just seems broken. New ones are coming in at 60 sheets!!

I can see loads of printers for sale for not much more so how is this any way justifiable??? Its like ink all over again.

Anyway anyone reccomed a printer for occasional use, photos and things like reciepts and returns labels. Work one not an option. Cheers.

bigblackshed

Not sure on the photos, because I’ve never tried, but I like the HP Envy I have. Signed up to the monthly ink subscription. Never out of ink, cost far less to run than anything I’ve had before. Works as I would like it to. It was about £45 with free ink for 5 months.

Can’t say much more than that really.

fossy

I don’t think you can beat the HP ink deals.

We have an older photosmart (Was an expensive one) but we run it on remanufactured ink that costs £10 for the 5 cartridges. You might be able to pull out the print head unit and clean it. Had to do this on ours after a black spewed ink out.

molgrips
    Free Member

HP Envy 5644 here. It may have taken us 30 years to arrive at this point, but it really does just work. Doesn’t even need drivers installed either, although you can install them and get a few extra features in the options page like ink levels.

Also take a look at HP Instant Ink, as above.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Printers’ is closed to new replies.