Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Printer problem – won't print from Word – grrrr…
  • cakefest

I’m using Windows 7 with Office 2007 and an Epson Stylus SX115 printer/scanner/copier.

After first switching on the printer prints fine. But after 5mins of using Word – typing, copying, pasting – the green power lights flashes slowly and it refuses to print.

If I open Excel I can print from there, but not from Word (which is what I need).

Have contacted Epson and chatted online, and they got me to switch off all Startup items. No luck. They say Word is the problem.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, no luck.

I’m now uninstalling then reinstalling Office. Hope that works.

Any thoughts???

nickjb

Can’t help with your problem, its a bit weird. As a work around you could install cutePDF, print from word to PDF then print the PDF from acrobat. I often do it as it adds quite a few print layout options.

cakefest

sorry, that’s not an option. it’s a 65 year old user.

Premier Icon Moses
    Subscriber

Why not an option? I’m 58 and would have no probs with that.

Thinks – what default format are the files stored as? That might make a difference.

Alternatively, see if there’s an updated driver for the printer.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Look up in the manual as to what ‘slow flashing power light’ means.

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

We have a printer in the office that does that (slow flashing light). It does print eventually, just takes an age to “warm up”! It can take up to 2/3 minutes for the document to start printing!
    E
    EDIT – just checked, it’s an Epson AL-C900. Maybe it’s an Epson thing?

Absolutely nothing useful to add, but if you’re pissed off and fancy a cup of tea and a chuckle:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/printers

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

after 5mins of using Word – typing, copying, pasting – the green power lights flashes slowly

The power light flashes without you sending a print job to it?

nickjb

and this… (contains f word swearing)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSK1D3bZhRs[/video]

Mounty_73

Sounds like the issue is with word and not the printer, problems with the printer would probably result in not printing anything at all.

Try a repair on office to see if that works, also check that the printer queue is clear too.

Office 2007 is a pain in the butt ! IMO.

The 2 epson office printers can take a while to print sometimes…

cakefest

yes, the printer green light flashes even when no jobs have been sent.

i completely reinstalled Office and it made no difference at all. still got the flashing green light… and unable to print from word but ok from excel.

i opened up the printer to check the cartridge and inks, and then i got a low ink warning red light, too. black ink had run out, magenta and yellow were low, so will be swapping for a new one to see if that was the problem.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

RTFM to see what that light code means.

Many printers come with ‘starter’ cartridges (ie, mostly empty).

I would delete your printers from Devices and Printers and reinstall (windows will see these automatically and reassign). Then try again. Failing that, ensure the Epson is selected as the chosen printer (within word) just incase there is more than 1 printer installed in you device and printers list.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Printer problem – won't print from Word – grrrr…’ is closed to new replies.