Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Prince Albert
  • brokensoul
    Free Member

So, the threads in the bb shell of my old Soul have just about disappeared, so I’m looking for a reasonably priced replacement.
    Is there any reason why I’d be disappointed with a PA?

bri-72

None at all. Only reason I’m not riding mine I’ve now got a ti version (morning glory).
    My 17″ kawa green 725 version likely to be FS in here in next week or two BTW.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Thanks bri-72, that’s what I wanted to hear, a satisfied customer.
    It’ll be a 19″ for me, or I would’ve been looking at yours.

bri-72

I’ve owned 3 different PAs in my time. Best HT I’ve ridden.

JRTG
    Free Member

Ok, I thought this thread was going in a different direction, I was surprised too, after all I don’t know anyone who has had one side the 90’s…..

andyl
    Free Member

you can get BBs that don’t need thread.

Northwind

Is the Soul not repairable? Might be worth doing even if you choose to replace it.

kayak23

The Prince Albert is a brilliant hardtail, best I’ve ever ridden. Wouldn’t be without mine…

brokensoul
    Free Member

It may be repairable, Northwind, but I can swap parts straight from the Soul (ok, I’ll need a new bottom bracket), straight onto a PA.
    It’s one of the problems of only having one mtb.
    Anyway, if I can get it repaired, I’ll have another frame snook in under the radar.
    BB’s that don’t need thread?

lee93
    Free Member

I’m just about to buy a dialled hard tail but not sure what to go for alpine or Prince Albert ?? Seen a p/a in the flesh today finish was good looked good in orange but I’m after the green

Got the Reynolds 725 Prince Alberts in 15.5″ and 19″.

But the Reynolds 853 Prince Albert Classics in 15″, 17″ and 19″.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Mike, YGM.
    KP

ajantom

I’ve had both a PA and currently an Alpine. In fact still have the 19″ PA frame sat in the attic. Great bikes 😀
    The PA is a good all rounder and I could probably do all my riding on it, but I went for the Alpine due to the better stand over height and the ability to take slightly longer forks.
    Also keep an eye out for cracking second hand deals on frames – the PA cost me £90 on here and the Alpine £120 off eBay.

tomglass20
    Free Member

Hi bit of a post hijack but………. Mike-at-dialledbikes i think I’ve got a mark 1 PA 853 in baby blue but the Paint has seen better days so I’m going to get it re powder coated, would it be possible to source some new decals from you ?

Cheers

Tom

lee93
    Free Member

Cyclewise are going to find out if they can get a p/a in green looking for a 17″ they’ve got a orange one in stock and a green alpine getting a demo next sat on the 17″ with a 120 fork!

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’ve got a red classic itch.

lee93
    Free Member

What’s the classic?

brokensoul
    Free Member

The Classic is 853. It’s in News on the Dialled site.

andyl
    Free Member

I think the threadless BBs might be square taper. Not sure if I’ve seen an external type.

BETD can fix the frame too: http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=236&Name=Frame+repairs

lee93
    Free Member

Arr yes just checked the dialled site out thanks for that

brokensoul
    Free Member

Cheers Andy. Now delete it, quick, under the radar. 😉

Tom83

tomglass20 – Member

Hi bit of a post hijack but………. Mike-at-dialledbikes i think I’ve got a mark 1 PA 853 in baby blue but the Paint has seen better days so I’m going to get it re powder coated, would it be possible to source some new decals from you ?

Cheers

Tom

Mikes sent me out a few sets now in exchange for a few beer tokens when I’ve had my frames powdercoated.

LoCo
    Free Member

Have had a 4130 mk1, 520 Mk2 and currently have a classic 853 they’ve all been great, the classic is especially good, just in the process of making it lighter and a bit racier for this season.

unovolo
    Free Member

Very pleased with mine,still going strong several years on,
    here it is in its original build

And after a makeover last year

Yes Tom, replacement sticker sets are available. E-mail me for details.

Sorry the Prince Albert Classic doesn’t have a dedicated page on the Dialled Bikes website yet. In the process of building a new site, so didn’t see the point in making big changes to the current site.

sparkyrhino

eee gods chip now you tell me your bb shell is wrecked after you fitted my new bb.reckon its all the big ring action to much torque that wrecked your bb shell 😉

brokensoul
    Free Member

Big ring ooommph, Sparky. 😳

simonside
    Free Member

Had a 520, then got the chance of an original 853. Love it to bits, always puts a grin on my face has to be the best HARDTAIL EVER! buy one, you will not regret it 😛

moonboy
    Free Member

love my PA. Nothing more constructive to add 🙂

brokensoul
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, folks.
    I’ll be ordering a Classic, when I’ve figured out how to.
    😕

nedrapier

I recommend emailing Mike, saying something along the lines of “I’d like a PA Classic please” with your name and address, the colour and size you want, and he’ll send you payment details (and a frame).

Worked for me!

Enjoy!

nedrapier

LoCo – what bits are you going for your “light and racey”?

Dickyboy

They’re ggggrrreat – had a 19″ 520 version & decided it was a tad too big, now have a 17″ mk 1 & love it – just wish there was an 18″ version

brokensoul
    Free Member

A 19″ red Classic has been ordered.

Thanks again, everyone.

lee93
    Free Member

Nice one brokensoul how much is the classic competed to the other what’s the difrance is it harder steel???

brokensoul
    Free Member

It’s 853 tubing & £425.
    They’re selling the 725 tubed ones off at £225!

LoCo
    Free Member

Nedrapier, yes, well ‘lighter and a bit racier’ would be a better description, hope pro3 on crest tubeless wheels with lighter tyres. 160mm rotors, 2 x 9 conversion, longer stem and cut bars down a bit as 250mm atm. also lighter pedals.
    Revs will also be dropped to 120mm as at 130 atm (2012 dual air RCT3, custom tuned)

It’s currently built up for more trail riding so just a nbit of a parts change really. Here’s a pic of current spec:

Albert classic by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

oh the saddle isn’t run quite that high 😉

Will post some more pics and specs when rebuilt in ‘spanky’ mode 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Had a Mk.2 PA and Pimpmistress has a Mk.3 853 version. Great do-it-all bikes.

Dialled-2182.jpg by NeilCain, on Flickr

Last one of trip for Mike @dialledbikes. It’s been used and thoroughly enjoyed. by NeilCain, on Flickr

nedrapier

Not going to be too far off mine, then LoCo. Got Arch EX on DT240, 2.4 X-Kings, 2×9 with microshift thumbies. I saved the gramme and a half by destickering, too!

Only think I’m wondering about is the forks. 2012 DP Revs which spend almost all their time at 120. Off to FoD at the weekend and will see if 150 makes any sense at all. Then either fix at 120/130 or ask you for a 110-140 coil u-turn spring. Would that fit? Easy enough to DIY? And is there a market for lightly used DP air springs?

LoCo
    Free Member

I quite like the dual air system for tunability, although a strip to change travel. The dp or uturn coil springs go straight in but is a non reversable conversion. If you can service the forks tou can fit springs/air assms.

I would have thought that someone will be after a DP air spring for their revs on here 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Prince Albert’ is closed to new replies.