Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pricing second hand stuff
  • Rscott
    Free Member

So i try and price my second hand kit fairly, Normaly id say cheaply,I knwo it drives down the second hand market, but id rather sell it to people who will use it than sell it on ebay to wingy Plebs.

however how do you price stuff you have no knowledge of its value

I have a set of 2007 Pike 454, dual air. 100mm-140mm uturn,the stanchions have no wear. and they have a set of new seals all round, The lowers are a bit worse for wear as is the maxel but it all works. but they have the usual leeking motion control, tried OEM seals and of the shelf nothing stops it.

but because of this and there age i have no idea what to price them at, clothing,and pedals are the same. searching ebay throws up so many different ranges of prices its just not worth taking any notice of.

So whats your general rule.

peterfile
    Free Member

Put a price on it that reflects what you’d be happy receiving for it.

If it doesn’t sell at that price it might be too high.

jam-bo

If it doesn’t sell it’s too expensive.

If it sells in minutes it was too cheap.

Easier to go down than up.

Rscott
    Free Member

Im not bothered about it being too cheep i just hate people thinking your taking the mic and then getting put of buying when you reduce the price thinking your a chancer.

transporter13
    Free Member

How much would you be prepared to pay for the stuff? Should give you some idea of value?

br
    Free Member

Ebay them, starting at 99p.

What they sell for is what they are worth (on that day etc).

chakaping
    Free Member

I promise I won’t think you’re taking the mick.

Start at £150 maybe?

Rscott
    Free Member

Chakaping if your interested there in the classified for alot less than that as of now.

paladin

Seen them from £110 up to £160. (I think I paid £160 for mine). £120 a very good price I’d say if they have new seals in.

chakaping
    Free Member

Not for me ta, but I reckon you’ll sell them quick.

footflaps

I look at sold prices on Ebay for an equivalent conniption part then knock off 20% and stick on the classifieds. If it doesn’t sell on here, it goes on Ebay.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pricing second hand stuff’ is closed to new replies.