Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pricing Bike/Frame Forks for sale?
  • stevextc
    Free Member

The Carbon XC hardtail isn’t being used (not racing) but the kid is racing and I want to get him a trail bike alongside his XC bike.

This means finding some money and selling the unused bike… but I’m not sure what to ask…(even ballpark)

I know it will bring more separately …. and the frame has a few scratches from transportation (in the back seat with kids bike) .. but not really sure how to price. Equally I’d expect anyone building up a carbon HT today to either do 11 speed (or 12) Or have their own groupset they want to reuse ??

For reference its a 2015 Giant XtC Advanced 1…. original price for the whole bike was just under £3000 and frames new RRP is £1500 but obviously older years frames can be bought cheaper if you can find your size…
    Shocks are Fox Factory 32 with the CTD remote which seem to be about £700 new … (and have been serviced 20 miles ago) …

Obviously would include all the model specifics like mech hanger, headset etc.

Rorschach
    Free Member

lustyd
    Free Member

£1500 bike (your fault if you paid RRP, sorry, most of us buy last years in the half price sale…), now two years old so £1000. Remove all the parts £500 then add some transport damage leaves you around £400 I’d say.
    I don’t know the frame so that’s all pure speculation based on what you’ve said, but at least it keeps your post at the top of the ads list 🙂

rmgvtec
    Free Member

Look at eBay sold history as a start point…

stevextc
    Free Member

Look at eBay sold history as a start point…

That’s what I usually do when buying and selling but for some reason this is just confusing me. I’ve had some in my watchlist … Some seem to have sold improbably high … both as complete bikes and frame only.

I don’t have the original wheels or I’d consider selling as a complete bike…

but I’m also thinking if I was buying I’d not want to buy the frame without headset and forks as its Giant specific(-ish) … and the lower versions don’t have the same fork options

From XCRacer
    http://www.xcracer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10707

I’m looking for £2,200, but open to sensible offers.

A year newer … and whole bike… but based on that I’m wondering if a “start of” 1700 (for whole bike) then knock off another 100 for scratches…? then divide by 2 for frame/forks only? (Or is that optimistic)

(p.s. wasn’t planning on selling here… just advertise on pink bike and link from XC racer .. )

lustyd
    Free Member

I think that’s worth a try, you can always lower it but you can’t raise it once it’s sold!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pricing Bike/Frame Forks for sale?’ is closed to new replies.