Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Price of a pint
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Four pounds for a pint? Jesus, you could buy a coffee for that 😆

tomhoward

@jambalaya, the justification is the patrons of the pub are willing to pay it (there are frequently range rovers/rollers/astons in the car park.)

chipster

tomhoward – Member

@jambalaya
    , the justification is the patrons of the pub are willing to pay it (there are frequently range rovers/rollers/astons in the car park.)

It keeps the riff raff out.

sparkyrhino

Aren’t you banned from the Kings Arms Chip?(should be) 😀

aP
    Free Member

A pint of large at the Flying Swan in Brentford is cheaper, so Neville tells me

The Magpie and Crown might be easier to get served in though 😉

sparkyrhino

8-ACE £1.49 + local park

hammy7272
    Free Member

£1.42 at the Sam smiths pub down the road. Too easy.

Squidlord
    Free Member

45 Czech crowns or £1.33 for a half litre of Plsner Urquell at the office local. That’s right in the centre of town though, so a bit pricy. 30CzK (90p) for the an unpasteurised lager at my weekend haunt.

(Feels slightly smug).

Do miss a decent pint of bitter sometimes though.

hora
    Free Member

The Golden Cock is full of tossers. A nice pub ruined by new money-types.

Maybe its changed now?

allthepies
    Free Member

Binners ?

duntstick
    Free Member

I live in France, so would be embarrassed to say what it costs for a whole pint of alcohol enhanced water with a few hops thrown in…… 😕

ciderinsport
    Free Member

New Forest… £4…

So why do we sell loads of ales and ciders for £2.50 at the big bike bash?

We even throw in music and riding!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“FM!” Almost £20 for 4 pints of Peroni after tennis tonight……

mikewsmith
    Free Member

about $10(Au) average up to $14 for some really good stuff shipped from eurpoe in our local.
    I only pay one price for Peroni and it airline lounge prices….

Northwind

I bought 2 drinks- I think a stella and a jd and coke- in the brixton academy, handed over a tenner… Just could not understand why I was being asked for more, it didn’t compute at all. Eventually the barmaid took pity on me and let me off with the rest 😆

So these days, I stick to crack when in London, it’s cheaper

prettygreenparrot

The Marble Arch had fair prices for fine ales earlier this evening

My local $5us for a pint. Elsewhere in town $4 or $4.50 for a 12. An extra buck for an extra 4oz is alright.

debaser

This evening – whilst enjoying the fabulous Jon Spencer Blues Explosion – I visited a live music venue with some decent beer on tap for a change. £3.70 for a pint of Joker IPA may not be cheap, but it was the first time in a while I have been able to see a good band without having to suffer dreadful overpriced beer at the same time.

I can cope with good overpriced beer, just not pish overpriced beer 🙂

NZCol

$10-$12 NZD for a decent beer here, pint or thereabouts.

BillMC

TT landlord is £3.80 in the local whine bar and I paid £2.80 in Saltaire sports club on Saturday, they’d just raised it from £2.50.

globalti
    Free Member

A pint of Joey Holts at any one of their 145 pubs in Manchester – about £2.45 if I recall.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Not a pint, but while pissed about a month ago I bought a 500ml bottle of some artisanal IPA for £18.95. Not proud, but was served by a pretty girl.

hora
    Free Member

Golden Cock- mrshora merely said her food wasnt hot. The cook came out and had a go. I was laughing so much (I shouldnt) – he should simply have put his hand on the dish and said ‘ah agree’. The ‘posh’ bar off St Georges Sq charged me near on 4 for a redstripe. They gave me the can, no glass.

What Hudds does best is warm, friendly and beautiful pubs. When they try to be posh it becomes awkward/wrong/new money?

MoreCashThanDash

£3.30 for a pint of Marstons New World in our village pub after last nights ride, which made me fell better when I stumbled across the beer garden and spilt half. 😳

Having the mud brushed off my shins by a waggy tailed Labrador was included in the price.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I paid £68 for a bottle of Spanish Orange Wine last night, nice it was, but not that nice.. 😕

mogrim

I paid £68 for a bottle of Spanish Orange Wine

WTF is “Spanish Orange Wine”?

ocrider

duntstick – Member

I live in France, so would be embarrassed to say what it costs for a whole pint of alcohol enhanced water with a few hops thrown in……

And thats why I drink wine when out and about in town, price and tastewise. 😉

D0NK

Bought a round at the airport other week 3 pints 1 wine I was happy to get change from a 20, bloke I was with thought I was barking, clarified sayign anywhere other than the airport I’d have been well pissed off.

£3-4 for draft cider around here depending on how swanky the place aims to be, bottled cider can be daft money tho.

Why is ale always so cheap compared to cider/lager? Presumably lager sells most volume so should be cheaper….?

taxi25
    Free Member

£2.60 for a pint of Brains bitter in my local, its only 100yds away and Mrs Taxi is minding it for the landlady whilst she picks her daughter from the airport. Bit early for a pint or…………

igm

Paying for the advertising budget DONK.

bikebouy
    Free Member

mogrim – Member
    I paid £68 for a bottle of Spanish Orange Wine
    WTF is “Spanish Orange Wine”?

Weeeeeellll, it was explained to me as a process of two vats, one with the skin of the grape in, and fermented, the other the skins taken off, and fermented. Then they mix the two together and add the skin back in and then some orange peel, though not a great deal. It’s then fermented in a large oak vat.
    It’s white wine, it’s okay, bit of an acquired taste, but I’d not buy it again. To me, it tasted like cider and I’m not a fan of cider at all..
    Oh well… The guys I was with liked it, specially as I was paying for it! 😆

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Price of a pint’ is closed to new replies.