Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)
  • Prey
  • Drac

When she gave it to the Commanche and Frenchman it knocked them out yet she could take a dose of it and remain upright as the Predator walked right by her.

I wonder if it’s possible to use smaller amounts. The Comanche wasn’t knocked out, he asked for to kept warm.

For two thirds of the film the Predator ignores her and by the time it sees her as any kind of threat it’s been utterly beaten to shit.

She was unarmed.

militantmandy
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here

FB-ATB

Cougar

the sequence where they unload all the firepower into the jungle to no effect…

We’ve all been there, mate.

🤣🤣🤣

Only just read this thread- if this comment has been overlooked that is criminal.

argee

I wasn’t too bothered with the plot hole stuff like that herb to reduce body temperature going against the reality of hypothermia and so on, same with how she was able to work out the arrow guidance even though she was hidden behind a tree the other side of the mask, and so on, it’s an alien action movie so suspending belief is what it’s about, same with Naru dancing around the trees and having elite parkour skills, again it’s an action movie where they want the scenes to look big and fast paced.

I just didn’t like how bad the predator was, it might as well have not had the cloaking device with it walking around in the open and just meandering up to the comanches/french, it just didn’t seem that threatening except with the bear. The ending as well was a bit weak, i loved the ending of the original, you had Arnie in the chopper looking absolutely destroyed, both physically and mentally after his battle and all the losses he’s suffered, Naru just wandered back looking as fresh as at the start.

jekkyl

I like the fact that the producers are thinking out the box and having a Pred show up in historical locations could work really well!
    Where would you like Predator to show up in history next to interrupt proceedings?
    Gladitorial Rome? Vikings? Victorian England at Christmas? lol.

funkmasterp

There’s a couple of fan made shorts on YouTube. One of them is set in medieval times and isn’t bad for a super low budget short.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Where would you like Predator to show up in history next to interrupt proceedings

Ash Vs Pred, medieval style, chk chk groovy…..

ricbikemag

Did you watch till the end of the animation during the end credits? It shows three more ships returning, suggesting a potential sequel…

argee

Did you watch till the end of the animation during the end credits? It shows three more ships returning, suggesting a potential sequel…

Christ i hope not, Prey stayed on the right side of the scale because it was a new environment, timeline, etc, you stick a sequel on this and it’ll just turn into the Aliens vs Predator malarky.

militantmandy
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. A good antidote to the usual hyper masculine stuff. Pacing was good and well shot too.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’m watching it now. What an utter pile of cack!
    I hate how that pratt of a director has wasted this opportunity. He doesn’t understand the genre.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Ha ha! My wife’s saved the day; “That’s Tommawang!” She exclaimed.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’m trying and failing to place it on my all time scale of Sci fi movies. Let’s just say Chronicles of Riddick is looking down on it from a great height.

funkmasterp

You’re not watching it, you’re playing on your phone!

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

30 mins left and I pronounced it a bag of shite. If I was given millions of dollars to make a film, the first thing I’d do would be to find a decent script writer. There are so many amazingly talented people out there yet the money so often seems to go to the mediocre.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Yet strangely pretty much all the critics and everyone on here thought it was pretty good!

Who knew they were all wrong😁

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I know, it amazes me too!

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Seriously though. The key element of great sci fi is that it’s believable. You should be immersed in the world it creates.
    If you thought this was believable then I don’t know what to say to you.

I mean, basic stuff at the beginning. Bears don’t behave like that, they just don’t. Snap! The whole construct collapses.
    Decent scriptwriter would have been way more subtle.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

What about that wolf stalking the rabbit a few metres away? “Hey guys” says the committee, let’s make it growl! “More scary that way”.
    “But the wolf would be flat to the ground and slient” says the expert. We could build suspense and confusion into the storyline, laying the seeds of fear in the viewers minds.
    “Nah! Growling’s more scary” Committee wins.

Sorry! But I do like to rant about this genre.

shermer75
    Free Member

There was an animation at the end? Like an end credits scene?

tpbiker
    Free Member

What about that wolf stalking the rabbit a few metres away?

The entire premise is an Alien who comes to earth to hunt humans, and can turn invisible

Once I’ve suspended my level of disbelief over that, the hunting strategy of bears and wolves didn’t even register 😂

That’s said, I’m with the poster who pointed out that the hero didn’t have a mark on her despite being thrown from pillar to post by a 7 foot Alien capable of killing a bear. That for me is a step too far!!

argee

Let’s just say Chronicles of Riddick is looking down on it from a great height.

That’s just taking it too far, the Chronicles of Riddick look down at no film, ever 😂

colournoise

Much as I kind of like the cheesefest of Chronicles Of Riddick (which would have been much better if it wasn’t trying to be about 4 or 5 different films all at once), Prey is a much more coherent and better made thing in spite of it’s apparently unbelievable fantasy elements.

For me, it doesn’t really need to do world building – it’s a pretty honest monster movie, not 2001.

Harry_the_Spider

Enjoyed that. My daughter, who is very switched on, pointed out that nobody including the predator was taking her seriously and she was going to kick their asses.

Glad the dog was OK.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

After enjoying Prey on Saturday last night I watched The Predator (2018) and enjoyed that again too.
    Olivia Munn helped but the action was fun, there was a dog and a couple of Predator dogs and a two Preds.
    What’s not to love?
    And of course the comments about him not bring a predator, more a trophy hunter. Not such a good title for a film.

devash
    Free Member

Got round to watching this last night. Found it rather entertaining and the new Predator was pretty badass. It did have the feel of a TV movie (which essentially it was) and some of the action sequences felt a bit ‘Marvelised’ (overuse of CGI, Predator flying around like he/she/it? had wings) Some of the animal GCI looked a bit hokey too.

Obviously the macho types are going to complain that the Predator, which Arnie struggled with, was defeated by a young girl, but I think they did it in a believable way.

Overall I’d give it a solid 3.5 / 5.

bigdean

People did spot the gun at the end is the one given to Danny Glover at the end of Preaditor 2 right?*

* i may be making 2+2=5

jonnyfelloff
    Free Member

Watched it with a few beers on saturday. All boxes ticked.

colournoise

bigdean
    People did spot the gun at the end is the one given to Danny Glover at the end of Preaditor 2 right?*

One and the same. Unless it’s just an offhand Easter Egg, one question for any sequel is then how it ends up in the Predators’ possession (presumably they have to kill its current owner and take it as a trophy).

argee

Obviously the macho types are going to complain that the Predator, which Arnie struggled with, was defeated by a young girl, but I think they did it in a believable way.

I’m not sure it was believable going by what had happened prior, it felt more like she beat them in a Home Alone style 😂

As for not taking her seriously, i’m not sure i saw that in the movie that much, the French were all trying to kill her, but she went through them and killed them more effectively than the predator, again not sure the predator cares about macho, it’ll kill a rabbit or a bear for sport.

zilog6128

yeah, shame they made a massive fuss about it, would’ve been cooler to leave the audience to notice it & wonder whether it was supposed to be the same! (Its origin was explained in one of the many Pred comics, I doubt that story will carry over though).

longdog
    Free Member

Me and my wife just watched it, meh…. I’ll not be recommending it to anyone, just thought it was a bit naff and Disney and as my wife said metoo.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Going to watch Predator 2 in a bit. Never seen it before

Caher

Going to watch Predator 2 in a bit. Never seen it before

Watch it in fast forward mode.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Does EVERY LA police station have a dozen scantily clad hookers in there all the time,

funkmasterp

Yep and a chief without an indoor voice who loves swearing

walowiz

Watched it last night. It starts a wee bit slow, filmwork is good, acting was good for a predator movie, once it got going I really enjoyed it. Liked the little animation credits hinting at some sort of sequel with the aliens ships. Good escapist fun, double thumbs up.

colournoise

Watch it in fast forward mode.

The only film this genuinely works for is Twister.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Re Pred2, Danny Glover WAS getting too old for that shit.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.